She's Knocked up.... Need a wagon

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
Yep, there will be a little 1sty running around shortly.

So the wife's Pontiac G5 needs to go.
We are looking for a sub $20,000 wagon, Although I would like under $18000 that is under 30,000 miles and a bit sporty.
Also keep in mind I have two large dogs. A 100 pound Akita and a 60 pound boxer both that need to come along for the ride.

Any suggestions?
We have a 1.8 Audi A4 quattro, a Mercedes C240, some volvos and the typical Suby stuff already on the list.
We had a Mazda6 wagon in our sights but it was sold yestureday.

Last edited:
How about either a BMW e46 325xi Touring or VW Passat 4motion? If you are considering a high end wagon you really should be looking at Certified Pre-owned.

I would keep looking for a Mazda6 wagon or Legacy wagon.

I'd go for the mazda or the subie as well. You can get AWD and turbo power with the subie but it will probably come in on the high end of what you want to pay. The 6 wagon is a sharp ride too though

RightRear.jpg

06mazda6-wagon.jpg

Subaru Legacy Wagon, i believe the 2.5gt is available in the wagon but if with the non-turbo you still get the torquey 2.5L and the AWD.

2006_Subaru_LegacyWagon_ext_1.jpg

isnt little 1sty what got her knocked up?...wouldn't the child be 2ndy?

very valid questions... the only answer to the wagon one is mazda.

My sister bought a 06 Legecy 2.5i Limited sport wagon with 6K on it for $15K.

i like the Legacy wagon

You get the performance of the WRX with a slightly more grown up and less boy-racer styling

The Mazda6 and Legacy wagons would be at the top of my list (as long as money is a concern).

I am really worried about reliability vs cost of repairs with the higher end cars.
Also I have never known anyone to not hate their VW within 4 years so I would tend to stay away from them and Audi scares me by association.

The Saab we were looking at is a 2006 9-5 2.3T SportCombi

mazda 3 hatch! If you can swing getting a speed, do it... If not, the 3 is nice either way... and you won't have a problem hauling a baby, I do it everyday!

One of the saabs is the same car as a wrx just in saab clothing, a saabaru if you will. I forget which one it is. Just as per my experience, n/a subaru is the only way to go for reliability and safety features.

The Saabaru (aka Saab 92-X Aero) was offered from 2005-2006 and is a clone of the WRX wagon. The NA is the 92-X Linear. My brother got the Aero in 2005 when he married a woman w/ a toddler and loves it. He paid $21,500 OTD, which would definitely put a used one in your price range.

I just updated my first post with this as well.
I have 2 large dogs so we need a tru wagon for them in the back.
The compact car segment is not large enough for no WRX, 3s, or other small cars.

NOBODY has suggested a Mazda5? Is this not a Mazda Board?

Duh.(hand)

We just got ours a few months ago. Wagons are good, but I'm amazed with our 5. We looked at Passat & Jetta TDI wagons, then Subie wagons... then we found our 5(yippy)

m.

Back