Shadow102's RX7 NA build thread

Well been thinking it over a bunch lately but I think I will be putting the car up for sale or local trade...thought I could get around it being convertible but I am just not happy with it. Not sure what I will be getting next but I know in the future I will have another rotary.

Just take my wideband out before you sell it! lol

Just take my wideband out before you sell it! lol

i took the SAFC out already...the wide band never made it in...however if i get the car i am looking at tomorrow i am still gonna use it for a short period

Sorry Korey but I think the interior of that model of Eclipse is butt ugly. However, it's not my car, and I'm sure it won't stay like that for long.

I feel compelled to continue this thread. Shadow, after you sold the car to that high schooler in dacula, I bought it off of him. I must give you props for doing quite a few quality mods on the car. I drive it every day and love it. I will continue this build thread from where you left off:
Day 1: order a bunch of interior pieces that mysteriously went missing after you sold it and new battery
Day 2: install Koyo radiator,ad heater core hose that leaked (poured) and spacers go back on wheels (1" this time on the rears). source a pair of FTP lenses.
Day 3: play with idle/air screws (which no doubt had been botched by someone)
Day 4: reattach oil pressure/temp sending units,which turn out to be non-functional and were wired with speaker wire!
Day 5: Paint calipers ( i know a lot of you will not like this)
and take apart tail lights and clean them (water was all in the right one) and reattach the right fog light (again it seems)
Week 2: non eventful mostly. got a TII Hood painted and put it on ( also know many do not approve of this w/o turbos and all) I was tying to keep temperatures down, bc I was also having erratic temperatures (immediately after oil change) going to 220-230 range. seemed to help a little actually.
Week 4: New clutch
Today: new wheels. loved the black TII meshies,so went with sort of the same style just a little wider (10" in rear!)
looking into replacing oil cooler again

Last edited:
still have the crappy bondo workon the front left, but currently looking into new bumper and fenders
rx7bay.jpg

IMG00488-20100423-1746.jpg

WHEELWIDTH.jpg

wheelfront.jpg

oh yeah..alpine deck recently, stickin with the marine ebay speakers for now :)
thinking of doing this with the tail lights, not sure about it though. might be too much (What do you all think?), but i think it looks okay with the black emblems/top/wheels

rx7tail.jpg

Last edited:
sweet glad to see the car is getting some more love that it deserves...i miss having the rotary around probably should never have traded it.

Not sure how the idle screws got messed up i had those things dialed in somebody must have screwed with them. That oil cooler should also be good its a super low mileage unit.

LMAO at the speaker wire...i had that setup wired nicely somebody must have went in behind me and tried rewiring it.

Did the oil cooler line ever get good replacements? the kid who got it from me said one let go at some point

Ohhh btw if your at all interested i still have the open diff sitting in my garage if you want it

the oil cooler lines dont leak or anything, but maybe he replaced them with some really old ones, ill check there for problems. how much would you want for the diff? You wouldnt happen to have that mapped AFC around, would you still?

I fund out that this RB header is for a GSL-SE model, hence the 6" shorter cutoff and no o2 bung in the right location

The bad news is that something in my exhaust is majorly not right. The catback does not line up a straight shot to my header. I have no idea why though. Even after putting the turbo presilencer on there is about a 6 inch gap between the header and the end of the presilencer however to line them up i have to push it all over about 4 inches. This leads me to the problem that the exhaust tip rests on the bumper, the exhaust has zero give in it, and its a huge pain in the ass to try to put together. I am getting to my wits end with it being like this and will probably saying screw it and either buying a RB true dual or buying a corksport head and resonator

the oil cooler lines dont leak or anything, but maybe he replaced them with some really old ones, ill check there for problems. how much would you want for the diff? You wouldnt happen to have that mapped AFC around, would you still?

the diff is your just grab it from my garage. I do have SAFC still havent put it in anything else yet, it just had a basic map on it that pulled a little fuel. $100 and its yours

looks good i see the windows were tinted and a boot cover was found for it. does the top leak at all and was the drivers window regulator ever fixed?

I got the boot cover new, never used, in plastic, thanks to a guy who bought a few when he bought his new in 88, just came out of his storage unit. Also just tinted it last week or so. both windows work fine, i had to get the drivers side to roll up even on track, but motor was fine when i got it. roof does not leak, got all new seals for top, and few extra targa sections

Back