Severe hesitation and or lagging

Did you get the ATP? Your internal WG flap may not be closing entirely inside the turbo exhaust housing.

Someone on here recommended getting one for a 240sx I think, its here on a wategate forum . But it's exact same length as stock I actually had to pull the arm a little to get it on the mechanism at the turbo housing

Im not sure , I just installed the superstock map and asdumed that was all I needed to do
That is your problem I tried to point this out to you before, you MUST PROPERLY set up the R4 software. The AFC probably isn't even set to kick on at all. Plug in the AFC, connect to the ECU and change the settings in the options menu to Over Pressure and change the over pressure to -1 or 0.

The over pressure. Is already at 0 man. Im telling you its not the AFC. It goes right to 10 like it should it always has. Its something else because I can rev the car to the redline and then go to drive it and it'll have all its power back

What goes right to 10? I still think it's the AFC, if it was a problem with the car it would throw a CEL.
Reload the map if you haven't, if the car is running like it's on the stock tune it must be the AFC. Have you checked the wiring and vacuum line connections on the SSAFC?

Yeah I actually piled the ecu plate out yesterday and made sure all the connections were good and they are , and when I link my laptop to the ssafc it reads 20 ish vaccum at idle, and I meant the afr goes right to ten

Re-load the map and make sure it writes to the AFC. Also reset the ECU. It's almost like the car is learning around the SSAFC but I have never heard of that with this particular Piggyback, it was specifically designed for this car.

I don't have an AFC and have not had what I would call severe hesitation or lag since getting flashed back in October 2003. Like the flash the AFC is not a 100% fix.

This is taken directly from The Man's protegefaq.net. He knows just about everything about Proteges.

"Generic piggy back systems are available to wire in to a stock ECU such as an
APEXi S-AFC. These systems will not work effectively due to Mazda's ECU
designs. At normal partial throttle operations, the AFC units will
successfully fool the ECU to supply a different air/fuel mixture. However,
at full throttle, the ECU has it's own presets to override whatever input
data is sent. For 3rd generation Proteg's, piggy back systems designed specifically
for the Proteg such as the Unichip, SplitSecond AFC, or the MPI Tuner (Perfect
Power SMT6 rebrand) are able to effectively retune the engine to an extent. Some
controls can still not be completely overriden by these piggy back controllers
. The
only solution to this is to get a complete aftermarket ECU replacement, such as an
Haltech, MegaSquirt, or SDS. Keep in mind complete replacements removes
OBD2 emissions monitoring functions, which is illegal in some areas."

who did you buy the ssafc from and what was it previously tuned for? If you know how, you should post a snapshot of your map. If you know for a fact that your settings are all right and your connections are solid and the car is in good working order, then it has to be your map. Tell us what all of your settings are set to and what your values are across the board.

Bad info alert ssafc do override the computer permanently they just cannot control timing function! The fuel interception is fine that's why they can only handle 440 injectors.

I don't have an AFC and have not had what I would call severe hesitation or lag since getting flashed back in October 2003. Like the flash the AFC is not a 100% fix.

This is taken directly from The Man's protegefaq.net. He knows just about everything about Proteges.

"Generic piggy back systems are available to wire in to a stock ECU such as an
APEXi S-AFC. These systems will not work effectively due to Mazda's ECU
designs. At normal partial throttle operations, the AFC units will
successfully fool the ECU to supply a different air/fuel mixture. However,
at full throttle, the ECU has it's own presets to override whatever input
data is sent. For 3rd generation Proteg's, piggy back systems designed specifically
for the Proteg such as the Unichip, SplitSecond AFC, or the MPI Tuner (Perfect
Power SMT6 rebrand) are able to effectively retune the engine to an extent. Some
controls can still not be completely overriden by these piggy back controllers
. The
only solution to this is to get a complete aftermarket ECU replacement, such as an
Haltech, MegaSquirt, or SDS. Keep in mind complete replacements removes
OBD2 emissions monitoring functions, which is illegal in some areas."

I went through a similar experience with my bone-stock MSP. After replacing everything ignition related plus more, including a new MAF, the problem ended up being the secondary butterfly solenoid, or VICS solenoid. I found the part by looking for an EGR vacuum solenoid.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=protege+egr+vacuum+solenoid

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-near-future&p=6371402&viewfull=1#post6371402

I got corrected over and over again in that thread as to the name of the solenoid I needed, but google doesn't lie and that's the part in the 1st link that solved my problem finally.

Well on top of that I just had a similar problem on warm restarts hot or cold outside and my filter started pissing like a civ last week. Now that I have full fuel pressure my car is a beast again. Spun the tires in 4th the other day.

Not all of those solenoids are the same, be careful buying them online. Not sure why they are EGR solenoids the protege does not have an electronically controlled EGR.

Back