San Antonio Website

Sparta

:
2006 Mazda 3s
Hey guys it's Ryan. I'm working on this website for us. It's up at the moment, but it's a work in progress. I'm working on something bigger that may replace this one. Let me know what you think, and any additions/functions you would like to see added. Or be honest and let me know if I'm wasting my time lol. Website is in the signature.

Not trying to say you're wasting your time, but isn't that website doing exactly what a forum does? It's a cool idea, but it's pretty dang easy to make a meet-up thread in the Texas section, post pics, etc. Do you have any other goals for it?

The forums is okay for that, but it lacks structure and coordination. The calendar on the website makes it super easy to just check and see what events are coming up. I think building the directory is the most important. If we can get our own local network of people down on paper it would make it much easier for us to communicate. If I'm the main point of contact I have no problems doing the legwork and sending out the info to everyone. Example: Many people are on multiple forums. They may know of an upcoming meet but because they don't have an account on here we have no way of knowing about it. Now say that person is in my database and emails me the info for this meet. I email it out to everyone in my contact list and bam everyone local is instantly informed. I'm just trying to make it easier for everyone. I mainly just use the forums to ask questions or buy stuff not keep up with meets. All of the meets I knew about was because speedracr79 told me about them not because I found them on the forum.

I think having a central directory for all car meets, etc. is a great idea. I like going to anything car related and I often miss impromptu meets of all kinds because I'm older and not in the loop with your younger cats. Heck if i see a bunch of muscle cars meeting I just roll up and say hello. I came across a huge custom car meet at Central Park mall last weekend just by accident on a taco run. I love anything car related.

BTW, for you RX7 and RX8 guys, the texas8 is this coming weekend :) We hosted it here in SA last year and it was great but the powers that be moved it back to Kerrville this year.

www.thetexas8.com

Back