Running out of options

No one that has any workings with Mazda directly on the board has ever confirmed a Mazdaspeed P5, nor has there been a recent report or even demo car to my knowledge. Not to mention the 2004 is still scedualed to be a Mazda 3 and the protege is no more.

Not saying its totaly impossible. The only likely case of one would be if the Mazda 3 is delayed another year and they have to continue the protege for another year.

I'd be willing to make a friendly wager for the value of a 12 pack on it (thumb)

i did see something in a recent magazine that was the replacement for the p5 it was baby bluish in color and looked very similar to it...however, i dont know what it was called

RazorP5 said:
i did see something in a recent magazine that was the replacement for the p5 it was baby bluish in color and looked very similar to it...however, i dont know what it was called

Mazda3 scedualed to start ship shiping this november I believe.
It will be as a 2004 model.

Here's a little preview of the new version of the P5:

/members/andy_guerriero/newp5.jpg

A gentleman at the Detroit auto show told me there would be a mazdaspeed edition of this car, as well as a hybrid version of all mazda3's in development.

He may have been full of it, however.

1ST MP3 - you're on. :)

andy_guerriero said:
Here's a little preview of the new version of the P5:

/members/andy_guerriero/newp5.jpg

A gentleman at the Detroit auto show told me there would be a mazdaspeed edition of this car, as well as a hybrid version of all mazda3's in development.

He may have been full of it, however.

1ST MP3 - you're on. :)

Lets be sure we are having the right debate here.
Do you mean there will be a Mazdaspeed 3 or a Mazdaspeed Protege 5?
A Mazdaspeed 3 is all but a certain eventualy but never a Mazdaspeed protege 5.

1st MP3 in NH said:

Lets be sure we are having the right debate here.
Do you mean there will be a Mazdaspeed 3 or a Mazdaspeed Protege 5?
A Mazdaspeed 3 is all but a certain eventualy but never a Mazdaspeed protege 5.

The debate is whether or not there will be a Mazdaspeed Protege5, although I'm sure it will be called something different.

Killian's works for me. Widely available and tasty.

Ah then we are not debating at all.
The idea of the next generation of Proteges, called the 3, in a wagon form being eventualy made a Mazdaspeed is not what I am arguing.
My argument was that there will not be a Protege 5 as it is now with the MSP's turbo and the little other things aswell. The P5 is dead and is being thrown out and yes the new 3 will be a wagon at first but it is not a P5 as it is a totaly different body interiro and engine, same crappy tranny though. The 3 will likely have a mazdaspeed version but never a Mazdaspeed P5.
The

Back