Royal Purple, Zepro or Castrol Edge?

I noticed just lately that Idemitsu has dropped the Zepro line. ....

yeah odd it seems the graphic shows motor oil, but the listed products is mostly transmission related:

1617205595808.png

I noticed just lately that Idemitsu has dropped the Zepro line. As for Kirkland oil, it’s decent and blended by Warren Distribution who also blends Supertech. Most likely the same oil.
Yes, Idemitsu has discontinued the Zepro line engine oil and replaced it with new Idemitsu SP/GF-6 oil since last October.

Idemitsu Moly Oil Alert

And see post #2 and #9 above.

I have also read that Mazda dealers are going to Idemitsu exclusively for their synthetic oil changes. It used to be Castrol or whatever the dealership decided. My dealer told me they use Idemitsu for synthetic and another brand for Syn blend. They wouldn’t say who.
In US, dealers will use whatever the cheapest bulk oil they can find. Car manufactures can’t do anything to force them using OEM oil exclusively. I believe it’s your dealer’s own decision to use Idemitsu and unknown synthetic blend oil (for which Mazda engine?). Not all Mazda dealers are going to do that.

My Mazda dealer uses "Preferred Choice" :rolleyes: or bulk Castrol 0W-20 synthetic oil for standard oil change on 2.5L. Its only $10 more to use Mazda moly oil.

54CA05DD-CF1A-4A16-AD34-A614B47C2042.jpeg

@escape75 the consensus as you have already eluded to is the Kirkland oil complies to the standards it should, and performs well in a variety of conditions. It is safe to use even if not a "brand name". Remember if you are not satisfied with a product you bought from Costco, they will take it back (I think this would include motor oil since they return christmas trees).

@escape75 the consensus as you have already eluded to is the Kirkland oil complies to the standards it should, and performs well in a variety of conditions. It is safe to use even if not a "brand name". Remember if you are not satisfied with a product you bought from Costco, they will take it back (I think this would include motor oil since they return christmas trees).

I'm sure they would take it back, although it would be a little hard to drain it back from your car :)

I prefer name brand oils. I often use generic or store brands to save a little money but some things I prefer the name brand.
An example: I've tried a number of store brand bean dips, but none of them seem as good to me as Frito lays brand bean dip, even though they both have the same listed ingredients.
The problem with motor oil is that I'm not able to test it or taste it. My guess is that if it was substandard I might not know foe several years. So I stick with companies that have established a good reputation over the years, Pennzoil, Mobil, Quaker State, Valvoline, etc.

I prefer name brand oils. .... So I stick with companies that have established a good reputation over the years, Pennzoil, Mobil, Quaker State, Valvoline, etc.

The thing is Warren Distribution is a company with an established and good reputation.

I think a company started in 1922 can safely say they make a product that performs as it should.

Now the challenge is they don't advertise to you and I (consumers), they market and sell to distributors .

Hey off topic again.

Back