Rising gas prices

Hopefully some easing of gas prices very soon as US inventory levels of oil rise and pricing of oil drops.

Us levels don't matter we sell ours to china and buy from the middle east for a profit that's why we have some of the lowest gas prices in the world

If only it was that simple. US levels have some impact, even if impact is limited.

Revised title: Falling gas prices

$4.79 to $3.89 today for Chevron regular gasoline in just a few weeks.

Same place is now $3.75 for Chevron regular, 2 days later.

premium is down to $3.89 in my area, about $3.65 for regular at most pumps. thats the lowest its been here in a very long time.

Owned my 2002 protege5 since new. This february I will have had for 11 years. I remember the salesman riding with me over to a gas station near the dealership right after i purchased it, and letting me use the dealership card to fill it up (was part of the purchase agreement or whatever)...it was $1.32/gallon, still have the receipt taped to my window sticker.

when i turned 16 in 1999, gas was $.86/gallon...when my dad turned 16 in 1968 he claims it was about $.45/gallon (although he lived in a more urban area as a kid, so that may be a little high)...

I mean i get all the crap with the economy and everything...and i know there was a quick crisis in the late 70's early 80's...but on average, remaining under $1 a gallon for over 30 years...then going up %400 in less than 10 (its been hovering at $4 a gallon in my area since Katrina) years...isn't doing it right...

filled up the new ride
526865_4957459495207_1115428513_n.jpg

Down to $3.639 for Chevron regular here in San Jose, CA.

Nice! This will be the wife's scooter once she gets her license and ill be able to ride it tip I get my next bike.

Although a bbk and full build on this is tempting

Was down to around $3.499 for Chevron regular here, now back up to $3.639 lately.

I'm paying $3.699 for regular from Fred Meyers. Chevron or Shell is closer to $3.899 for regular. Makes me wish I had a motorcycle to save money.

Damn, you guys out West are getting clobbered. Avg. price for regular around me is now at $3.43 (in New Jersey)....PA is around $3.57.

Damn, you guys out West are getting clobbered. Avg. price for regular around me is now at $3.43 (in New Jersey)....PA is around $3.57.

Yes, I tend to assume we pay an extra $0.50 per gallon in the major coastal metro areas of California.

Back