Removing Weatherstripping = OMG Windshield ASPLODE!

Pretzellogic

Contributor
:
Das Pretzelwagon
Has anyone ever actually cracked their windshield after removing the rear weather stripping and then driving in cold weather?

I plan to put mine back on when winter hits anyway, but I'm curious as to the origins of this "fact."

Last edited:
there's no reason for "more cooling" in winter anyway... an over cooled engine is just as inefficient as one that's too hot

TheMAN said:
there's no reason for "more cooling" in winter anyway... an over cooled engine is just as inefficient as one that's too hot

Actaully from what I understand a over cooled engine kills your gas milage(Saying that its doesn't reach operating temps).

I think he is in asking because he might just be to lazy or forget to put it back in before winter hits.

did you now that by removing the weatherstripping at the rear of the hood that you are decreasing the cooling efficiency of your radiator? the base of the windshield is a high pressure area, and removing the weatherstripping there will cause air to be forced into the engine bay, it will not get sucked out.

Back