Removing the moustache

714ms3

I tried searching but there were only 16 hits, none of which were pertinent.
I was wondering how to remove the moustache on the front bumper? Mine got a lot of wax on it and I am thinking about replacing it or just taking it off to clean it up some.

It is just clipped in, should come off pretty easy. If you reach your fingers behind the honey comb part you can feel it and get an idea for what I'm talking about....

Its mot that easy though... because there is a styrofoam block pushed up against the back of it. Yes it is clipped in but it is also screwed in and you would never get a screw driver behind because of the foam. I removed mine and snapped off the parts that get screwed. So if anyone is looking for a free Moustache steal mine LOL!!! It clips in and goes no where, but I always wonder if someone would try taking it off...

Seems a little more challenging than i first assumed then. Is there no easy removal option without removing the bumper?

No, you will need to remove the bumper to take it off. Taking off the bumper is very easy though. :)

You guys had screws? Mine didn't at all, I removed mine when I had my bumper off, but I didn't see anything that would keep you from really popping it off that would require bumper removal first. Mine is a 08'...

Funny thing is i just had these clips replaced from the front bumper from a small accident, so while I was there I had them install this exact part. They told me that they did not take off the front bumper. But yea taking off the bumper is easy if you can not manage to do it without taking it off.

Seems like there is no definitive answer. Perhaps it varied on the diff generations. Mine is an 08.5. Any others out there with the same gen familiar with this removal process? Is there a screw holding it or not? Is it possible without having to remove the bumper? Thanks again!

I tried searching but there were only 16 hits, none of which were pertinent.
I was wondering how to remove the moustache on the front bumper? Mine got a lot of wax on it and I am thinking about replacing it or just taking it off to clean it up some.
search for wax residue removal

search for wax residue removal

I m familiar with the peanut butter option, the problem is that the wax is deep in there, and I don't think that the pb option will work. Plus I figured I could paint it whilst I have it off, or order a new one from the dealer without license plate holes in it.

I use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (or get the Walmart brand) to get wax residue off of any bumper trim. Works really well with just a tadbit of water. It's less messy than peanut butter :)

answers

Just pulled my mustache

literally
I figured since the rest of this car snaps together like a lego set, WTF

To be specific, this applies to the 07 GT, YMMV

snaps on the outer edges, IN THE MIDDLE three screws, accesible from the inside only with bumper off

I am reinstalling now, without the three screws, screw it (nana)

changing from flat plastic to gloss black (fusion base coat), lotsa clear

see the pics

the light gray "L" an "c" shapes are where the wispy bosses for the screw mounts broke off the moustache as I "unsnapped" it

Attachments

• Photo0234.jpg
    Photo0234.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Photo0232.jpg
    Photo0232.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 321
  • Photo0230.jpg
    Photo0230.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 341
  • Photo0231.jpg
    Photo0231.jpg