Remote Battery Weak/Low?

I've had the same battery in my key fob since I bought my CX5 new back in Feb 2014 and no issues thus far. That being said, I bought a replacement battery from Mazda last year on my of my services and I keep it stored in my center console, just in case I need it down the line.

Bon Scott

I'm just going to bump this thread up...

For now, I'm not having too much issue with it not detecting the keyfob in the car anymore after new batteries, but unlocking the car from a distance is almost impossible... I have to be like right next to my car to unlock the car with the remote now, even with a fresh battery in the keyfob. Any ideas if the car's battery is weak of some sort or something else? Out of 6 months since this thread started, I replaced the battery in the remote 3 times thinking that would solve the issue, but doesn't seem any better trying to unlock the car.

It's starting to sound like you may have a bad remote -not sure if it's one or both which exhibit the behavior - or onboard receiver module (whatever it's called). Our '11 TDI's module was bad from the factory. The remotes were useless if you were more than 5 feet from the car. It required some rather forceful conversations with the service advisor and involvement of a senior service tech to get any satisfaction but they eventually ordered up and installed a new module and the performance has been as expected since. Good luck!

If both remotes are doing this then probably internal module.

Not sure if this receiver shown here also handles ignition. Dealer programming is probably given if this had to be replaced IMO.

https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/a/...LESS-ENTRY-ELECTRICAL-COMPONENTS/5470145.html

5470145.jpg

EDIT: Maybe the antenna #4 has connectivity issue?

I might need to make a visit to the dealer when the recall parts are available and will probably mention some issues with the car I guess... I rarely go to dealerships as I do most of the regular maintenance. I swapped remotes over the weekend and still the same issue, have to be close to the car to lock/unlock the car; experience one time where inside the car, try starting the car but keyfob wasn't detected until the next try or the second remote entered the car.

Back