Rear Window Trim

:
2005 Mazda 6 Wagon Sport & 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I went to pick up my 2016 CX-5 today after the dealership replaced my back window for to the defroster not working. When I picked it up and was looking over the work, I saw this:

c653db66383c1f2b75873425dbe0a5d4.jpg

I don't recall exactly what was at the top of the window, bit it looks like it is missing either a cap or trim to cover the electrical connection. The service manager tried to play it off but after going back into the shop, agreed to keep my car for another day to have their glass guy come back out.

Does anyone have a picture of the rear window from the inside so I can see how the top of the window should look?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to pick up my 2016 CX-5 today after the dealership replaced my back window for to the defroster not working. When I picked it up and was looking over the work, I saw this:

c653db66383c1f2b75873425dbe0a5d4.jpg

I don't recall exactly what was at the top of the window, bit it looks like it is missing either a cap or trim to cover the electrical connection. The service manager tried to play it off but after going back into the shop, agreed to keep my car for another day to have their glass guy come back out.

Does anyone have a picture of the rear window from the inside so I can see how the top of the window should look?

Thank you!

You should have a connector going to it. That s your heating element to defrost.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yeah, he did acknowledge that it wasn't connected. My concern is that after it is connected, they will not put on the correct trim to cover it.

At the top of the rear window? There's nothing there in mine, just checked. Not even sure what to take a pic of.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back