Rear sway bar bushing size on Protege MP3

erikmanx

mazdaism
Contributor
:
2017 CX-5 AWD T
Hello all, I know this has prob. been answered WAY too many times, so I apologize, but I am having some work done by the Mazda dealership I bought my car from on my rear sway bar bushings for the 3rd time, and I am going to buy some poly-urethane bushings. I am just wondering what size the stock bushings are, if they are 19 or 20mm. thanks.

OK, I must replace those @#$% bushings on the MP3 swaybar AGAIN. I am tired of the dealer sticking duct tape in and just want to fix it once and for all...or for the summer at least. AWR lists 19MM and 21MM bushings...the MP3/Racing Beat swaybar is 20MM (funny RB doesn't seem to carry any parts for the Protege -- even for their stuff). What to do?

Can't you get the AWR 19mm bushings and bore them out a bit with a dremel? Even if they are tight fitting they should do the job and quit the knocking.

I just ordered mine from mazda. Around 13 bucks a bushing. no more clunk for the summer hopefully. Man I forgot how bad that clunk is. Best 26 bucks I spent on the car. Unfortunately I know it won't be the last time.

i'm planning on getting the energy suspension bushings (19mm ones and drilling them out). they are polyurethane, but they are greasable, and i've heard some good things about them (get the black ones, not the red ones). the red ones are very squeaky and the black ones have graphite (or something) in them so they are somewhat self-lubricating. but they have an alemite fitting on them so you can hook a grease gun up to them easily.
ens-9-5160g_w.jpg

Do you know if they make the black bushings for 20mm? I bought the red ones, and they are squeeky as hell w/o any grease, I would really love some of those black ones with the graphite built into them.

Believe me, I do, but like evey 2 weeks. It just would be nice not to have to grease them that often. Catch my drift?

ahh, yeah.. from the other post I thought that you just tossed em on w/o any grease to begin with.

Oh, hahaha, no, sorry. They are just such a b**** to get to and grease, just wanted to see if the black ones came in the right size for stock.

Back