Rear Finisher

I see that Wayne Mazda Sells a "rear finisher" for the CX-9.

Description: Add more style to your CX-9 with this body-color rear finisher. The perfect finish! Color matched to your CX-9.

What is it & what does Smart Keyless option do?

smart keyless option is that little card looking thing that you can keep in your pocket while driving instead of inserting a key into the ignition. where you would normally put the key is a little knob that you turn.

Rear finisher - before and after

Images attached...

Attachments

• Mazda_CX9_LiftGateGarnish.jpg
    Mazda_CX9_LiftGateGarnish.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 547
  • CX-9 Rear.jpg
    CX-9 Rear.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 599
Definitely not worth it.

Considering the fact that you must take apart the entire liftgate interior to put this on, it'd be a lot easier to cut a piece of wide chrome tape and put on the panel.

Last edited:
chuck

I have checked out the answers given as to what the Finisher is for the Mazda CX-9 and I still have absolutly no idea what it is. Can someone explain plain and simple what it is, and provide a good picture if posible. I have a Mazda CX-9, however, I am a soldier stationed in Germany and the German dealers won't get the CX-9 for a couple of years yet. The just received the CX-7 but still, they have no information on what the finisher is. Please explain. Thank you

Chuck

I have checked out the answers given as to what the Finisher is for the Mazda CX-9 and I still have absolutly no idea what it is. Can someone explain plain and simple what it is, and provide a good picture if posible. I have a Mazda CX-9, however, I am a soldier stationed in Germany and the German dealers won't get the CX-9 for a couple of years yet. The just received the CX-7 but still, they have no information on what the finisher is. Please explain. Thank you

Chuck

Chuck, It is the chrome piece on the back of the tailgate below the emblem.

Attachments

• Mazda_CX9_LiftGateGarnish.jpg
    Mazda_CX9_LiftGateGarnish.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 283
rk2112,

Thanks, that is what I origianlly thought it was, however on the advertisment, it says that is a body colored finisher, and when you order it, it give the option to chose the color of your car. I have the Sport model and my "Finisher" is already the color of my car. Okay then, it is a Crome molding basically and it is too costly, besides, I like body colored molding better than crome. thanks again.

Back