Rear differential interchangeability CX-9 - CX-7?

:
Mazda cx-9 2008
Hello. I have a question. Is the rear differential in the CX-9 the same as in the CX-7? I have play on the axle shaft and a leak from the diffuser at the back. Can I change the rear differential to a CX-7 one?

According to Mazda's parts database, the part numbers for the differential assembly used on the Cx-7 and Cx-9 are the same.

Upvote 0
This part (MA2827020E) is the entire rear differential assembly. The applications listed are CX-7s from 2007 to 2012 and Cx-9 from 2007 to 2015.

The ring and pinion gears also have the same part numbers.

Upvote 0
Do you know someone who changed the differential? Is there anyone from the forum who can confirm practical knowledge and exchanged with cx7? For me, the availability of differentials from the CX7 is large and the prices are lower than the CX9

Upvote 0
The numbers on the housing match because it is identical. Only the gear ratios are different because the size of the wheels is different. As we assume the dyfer from cx7, the front wheels will spin at a different speed, which will be picked up by the abs sensor and the traction control will turn on. The standard Cx7 has 235/65/17 tires and the Cx9 256/60/18 tires

Upvote 0
tire size won't change anything as the size is the same in front and in the rear. What is important is the ratio size between front and rear. You could put 3" higher tires if you wanted, as long as you have the same size front and rear.

This is the first time i hear of someone who wants to change the rear diff, what is wrong with it? If the part numbers in the catalog are the same, to me they definatly are the same. As soon as they change a tiny little thing they change the part number so if they have the same number...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information. I have a loose differential and a little damp. I definitely have 2 front bushings to replace. I think to replace them without pulling the differential? I guess it's enough to unscrew the paws from the sledge and the differential? I still have a little play on the shaft between the 2nd and 3rd part. On the cross. I don't feel anything after the car, but I can see underneath how it turns with a bit of a shaft beating the sides.

Attachments

• IMG_20210324_111200.jpg
    IMG_20210324_111200.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 184
  • VID_20210319212748.mp4
    9.2 MB
Upvote 0
Back