Rear cargo mat and pet barrier for the '08?

Dave88LX

Rear cargo mat and pet barrier for the '08? Hatchbag anyone?

I was hoping they would have something like they do for the Mazda3 for a rear cargo mat, but it doesn't appear that they do. I would like one that fits with the 3rd row folded down, and a pet barrier also to keep my dogs in the back.

I see that www.weathertech.com has a Pet Barrier for $70 I think it was. Is this the best option out there or do you have others you'd recommend?

Unfortunately they don't have a rear cargo mat. Does anyone make one? Or am I stuck with trying to find something that fits? I would like it to be rubber, as my girl likes to yack occasionally in traffic; prefer something that won't leak through.

Last edited:
i use a plastic washing machine pan in the back of my 5. but it doesn't cover the entire area, so you're pet could still yack on an uncovered area.

Mazda does have all weather cargo mat / liner for JDM Premacy though finding one in N.A. could be difficult at this time.

Attachments

• hard cargo liner.JPG
    hard cargo liner.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 329
hmm, i think i like the JDM version better, because it still allows the seats to fold, and has holes to accommodate the tie downs.

I'm going back to Japan again in August but too bad this item is of substantial size ... otherwise I wouldn't mind bringing a few back from Japan for people in this forum.

washing machine tray - $20:

WasherTray2800.jpg

thats a very clever idea, and i can see it working well for carrying wet or messy stuff in the back. however, i dont think it would work well for our dog back there.

^^ agreed. if for no other reason that it's not custom fit to the area. but it is working well for me. for muddy hiking boots, gas cans, sweaty coolers, trips to garden center etc.

I ended up with a ~4'x6' rubber backed mat from Home Depot. It's a couple inches shy on the short side, but worked great for what I needed it to do. I'll need to find a better permanent solution though. It was actually decent since I was able to put some stuff like the beds & crate under the mat for room.

day1_turbo_kodak_1.jpg

Has anyone used this before?

The "hatchbag" seems to be a pretty cool concept...

http://www.hatchbag.com/index.php

yeah, we were looking at those too, but they get pretty expensive. right now, we're using a bed sheet draped over the middle row, and across the rear floor. thinking too about cutting a little hole in it so we can put a lease strap from the dogs collar to the tie down hook

Yeah have the sheet over the middle row and a rubber mat down for now, was just hoping to get something better. I don't mind paying the $170 if it's going to last and do it's job. I just was hoping to hear from someone that had some experience with them. Can't find much online either.

Mazda does have all weather cargo mat / liner for JDM Premacy though finding one in N.A. could be difficult at this time.

Japan has some really cool stuff for the 5 as seen here
http://www.mazda.co.jp/accessories/web_cat/premacy.pdf

The part number for the cargo mat is C236-V9-540 and I have asked the dealership that I purchased my 5 from to see if it can be shipped here. So far no luck, but the salesman that sold me the car also has a 5, so he would like to have one as well, so I'm hoping that he keeps trying. It wouldn't hurt for everybody to call their dealership and see if they can get the part. If Mazda NA sees a demand for it, then maybe they will make it available.

GD

Hey,
Has anyone got this accessory:
Soft Cargo Liner, Durable Backed Vinyl, 0000-8K-L06, $63.81 CDN
If you have, post pictures? I would like to know why they want to charge $100 for installation.

Last edited:
if you order it from mazda, it will come with installation instructions. i highly doubt it is complicated enough to warrant $100 of installation charges. dealer probably want to make ti worth while for him.

Hey,
Has anyone got this accessory:
Soft Cargo Liner, Durable Backed Vinyl, 0000-8K-L06, $63.81 CDN
If you have, post pictures? I would like to know why they want to charge $100 for installation.

(boom07) not sure who "they" are but they must be dreaming ... the soft cargo liner slips right on the back of the seat cover and trunk cover, no "installation" required whatsoever. A kid can do it in a minute.

Back