rar40941's build thread

I hate the abs on the car it was so bad so that's y I have not fixed it. I want to do a big break kit front and back then I will do an abs delete and it will fix the ebreak I hope

if your not tracking this car regularly abs is your friend. not trying to hate since its a sick car but IMHO id just fix the abs i know it takes away from dumping cash into cool s*** but if you lock your breaks up in a quick stop and lose control your insurance wont give a dman about all your add ons

BTW sick wheel! i kinda want one my self

Last edited:
When I had my abs my breaks didnt work very wheel the and was crap but now it feels way better with out abs. So I don't really want to get it fixed but ya u see ur point

well you do have much larger wheels than intended for the stock brake system, while they may be lighter there are more factors involved then just weight when it comes to the stock systems effectivness. youve moved the mass of the wheel farther away from the point of contact with the pads. (try holding a 10lb weight straight out in front of you and stoping while you twist your upper body, then hold that same weight next to your body and repeat. you'll see the difference quickly) if you ever upgrade wheels its generally the best decision to upgrade the brakes as well. you'll notice the huge difference when you go to bigger brakes and if/when that happens your gonna want that abs back especially if your using racing pads

Ya I agree with what ur saying but when I had my stocks I never liked It I am just not a big fan of abs but I can't wait for the big break kit it will be great

Lol, ABS is not something you need in a car. My P5 has no ABS FROM THE FACTORY. If you lock your brakes up in a quick stop, and slide into somebody, ABS wouldnt have done s*** about that, you would have still hit the person, just not locked the brakes up.

Check your brake fluid, whenever the fluids low, the e-brake light comes on as well.

of course its not needed, but its a safety feature added on for a reason. its completely useless on the track but for average street driving when i jam on the breaks being able to control the car while it stops is a much better feeling than locking the breaks up and hoping for the best. like i said previously i think the car is dope, but i know from experience in my years of building cars that people tend to get rid of s*** they think they dont need when someone tells them its un-necessary. im all about people building things how ever they want but, disabling a feature designed to give you more control in an emergency breaking situation because they'd rather just not fix it seems like short cutting in a great build.

but its all up to the owner either way im amped on the build just throwing a bit of my insight in for what its worth

Take 2 of the same exact car and weight one with abs and one without, the car without abs will stop faster.

Abs is for stupid people that slam on the breaks. When the tires lockup on a quick stop you release the pressure on the pedal and they will unlock.

I'm siding with rar no matter the brake setup or tires no abs is better unless you can't drive and typically don't pay attention to the road

of course its not needed, but its a safety feature added on for a reason. its completely useless on the track but for average street driving when i jam on the breaks being able to control the car while it stops is a much better feeling than locking the breaks up and hoping for the best. like i said previously i think the car is dope, but i know from experience in my years of building cars that people tend to get rid of s*** they think they dont need when someone tells them its un-necessary. im all about people building things how ever they want but, disabling a feature designed to give you more control in an emergency breaking situation because they'd rather just not fix it seems like short cutting in a great build.

but its all up to the owner either way im amped on the build just throwing a bit of my insight in for what its worth

Thanks man but I just like the no abs. I will explain y I like the feel of the break better when I stop better cause with the abs u can't feel the breaks as well and know the limits of ur breaks like u should. I have practiced on my foot control on my breaks. that's y I don't l want abs back lol

Lol, ABS is not something you need in a car. My P5 has no ABS FROM THE FACTORY. If you lock your brakes up in a quick stop, and slide into somebody, ABS wouldnt have done s*** about that, you would have still hit the person, just not locked the brakes up.

Check your brake fluid, whenever the fluids low, the e-brake light comes on as well.

Thanks man I should look at that

Take 2 of the same exact car and weight one with abs and one without, the car without abs will stop faster.

Abs is for stupid people that slam on the breaks. When the tires lockup on a quick stop you release the pressure on the pedal and they will unlock.

I'm siding with rar no matter the brake setup or tires no abs is better unless you can't drive and typically don't pay attention to the road

We agree on something lol.

Thanks man but I just like the no abs. I will explain y I like the feel of the break better when I stop better cause with the abs u can't feel the breaks as well and know the limits of ur breaks like u should. I have practiced on my foot control on my breaks. that's y I don't l want abs back lol

cool cool bruddah thats the x-factor i didnt know. ive dealt with thousands of clueless builders/drivers at shows here in the south that i lost faith in peoples intellegence. keep up the dope work then

cool cool bruddah thats the x-factor i didnt know. ive dealt with thousands of clueless builders/drivers at shows here in the south that i lost faith in peoples intellegence. keep up the dope work then

Thanks man I just got my trunk brace today I need to install I need to take a video and do some up dats and pics and videos u will see more

This is true in the dry, but not in the wet or snow. He doesn't have snow but it rains in Cali I am sure. And tests have repeatedly show ABS stops quicker in the wet. Having said that I hated the P5's and say just keep it deleted and be very mindful in the wet and hope you don't kill someone in an accident.

It rains but I don't really drive In The rain and I have been driving like this for a year so I am doing pretty good so fare

Ok guys just installed my wheel looks sick but how do u get the horn to work cause its not working on my car now do u need to cut some wires. Can some one help me out here would like to have a horn

changed the wheel and your horn doesn't work? (ugh)

did you happen to disconnect the wires going to the horn on accident?

Back