R.I.P. My Baby.........Good Times

A guy nearly dies and you are like, wow, glad you are still alive.

As a nurse who works in the ER and the ICU and having worked at a Trauma Center for four years as a Paramedic and two years as a flight medic, this language might be a tad extreme. I don't doubt or decrease the impact of his experience, but it is hardly "near" death.

How about "could have died." Because he could have, but didn't and wasn't near death.

Seems trite I'm sure, but there is a huge psychological difference between walking away from a big wreck and spending weeks intubated in the Unit and months and months of therapy and rehab to over come injuries and having your family fear your impending death, having to learn to walk, speak, eat, etc...

I personally am glad to see you walk away from it, it certainly could have been way worse.

Britt

When I go to the website, it states "has no images yet" ? Man, I would like to see the pictures everybody is talking about ...

wow just wow!! it went from a good thread to bad thread very quickly. i think the main thing people have to remember no matter what really happened is that he is still alive and survived without anything happening to him. thats all.

Has anyone else wondered why else he would have taken that turn so wide? Look at the picture. It's at most a 25 mph posted limit turn. It's practically a hard ninety with a cliff as the left side shoulder. Vic's also made it seem as though he's been down this road before. So I assume that he was taking the turn tight to make it little quicker. Then !boom!...deer...and he swerves to the left throwing the apex completely out, and trying to turn hard back to the right while braking. Now...I don't expect him to have accelerated w/o taking his foot off the brake. I also know from experience that if you drop the hammer in 2nd going 20-30mph the torque steer WILL pull you around that turn. This is my view...I have to believe what he told me and then back it up with science, because he has never given me any reason to question his honesty before.

Maybe you should submit those pics to mazda as crash worthiness tests, Vic! :D Might fetch you enough coin to buy a carbon fiber wallet! Good luck recovering from the loss, bud...and make sure to thank whoever up there that was watching you.

mayn VIC.....too crazy...my bro just got in a pretty bad car accident today....i wsa GLAD to c u yesterday though..glad to c u up and about too....jus take care....c u at D&B this sunday...

servoeyes said:
Has anyone else wondered why else he would have taken that turn so wide? Look at the picture. It's at most a 25 mph posted limit turn. It's practically a hard ninety with a cliff as the left side shoulder. Vic's also made it seem as though he's been down this road before. So I assume that he was taking the turn tight to make it little quicker. Then !boom!...deer...and he swerves to the left throwing the apex completely out, and trying to turn hard back to the right while braking. Now...I don't expect him to have accelerated w/o taking his foot off the brake. I also know from experience that if you drop the hammer in 2nd going 20-30mph the torque steer WILL pull you around that turn. This is my view...I have to believe what he told me and then back it up with science, because he has never given me any reason to question his honesty before.

Maybe you should submit those pics to mazda as crash worthiness tests, Vic! :D Might fetch you enough coin to buy a carbon fiber wallet! Good luck recovering from the loss, bud...and make sure to thank whoever up there that was watching you.

actually this was my very first time on this road.......i've heard pretty crazy stories about it (1 1/2 months ago an M3 flew down 150 feet just a few miles from where i was).

my tire markings went right over letters in the asfalt marked with spray paint "CHP 3/02" i asked the police officer what they were and he said that there was an accident there last year,
when i went down to my car, about 10 feet from where it landed there was a license plate with a rock over it (someone died here 2 years ago)........while i was looking for my wallet i found a rusted half way decayed motorcycle (seemed like it's been there for a long time). my car actually hit it and made it stand out from the ground.

Dr.Sound said:
actually this was my very first time on this road.......i've heard pretty crazy stories about it (1 1/2 months ago an M3 flew down 150 feet just a few miles from where i was).

my tire markings went right over letters in the asfalt marked with spray paint "CHP 3/02" i asked the police officer what they were and he said that there was an accident there last year,
when i went down to my car, about 10 feet from where it landed there was a license plate with a rock over it (someone died here 2 years ago)........while i was looking for my wallet i found a rusted half way decayed motorcycle (seemed like it's been there for a long time). my car actually hit it and made it stand out from the ground.

holy s*** dude, sounds like these roads r a bad thing to anyone who drives a car... u r very lucky indeed

oh and ben, there is a thing called perspective.....things look smaller the farther they are.

in the pic i'm standing where the skidmark starts.
when i lied down on my back........the skid was about 3 times as long as i am high......i'm 5'10.

not 60 feet...

i almost came to a stop, and i was sure that i will stop in gravel.......but then i felt the car rub the ground with its belly........and it just tipped over and started rolling........i think i was at 5 mph when it tipped over

Last edited:
allot of people say wat they would of done but if u put them were Dr.sounds was they prob would of done the same. just like people say they wanted to go to Iraq and kill them but when u put them there they willl choke Im glad to see u alive man and i feel bad for ya but ur right Dr..sound it is just a metal it can always be replaced

how bout a ford focus? i hear they're hella fast.

:O

I dont want to be the one that beats the dead horse but from the picture you can clearly see that the gravel/dirt just before he went off is pushed down like something went through it slowly.

I believe every word that Dr. Sound said. An accident like that can make you forget weather you want to or not.

thats my $.02

ohh...
smithers: best...........signature..............ever.

Whats wrong with a beginers 5 min photoshop?:'( I *sob* was in a *sob* hurry...

MisterT said:
Dude, give it a rest! A guy nearly dies and you are like, wow, glad you are still alive. How much do you want to part out your car? I mean it's all about you. Have you even read about the posts!! The guy flipped 15 times and is completely disoriented by the whole event and provides pics about his near death experience and all you think of is, how much can I get for your tranny? WTF?!:wtf: I agree with girth

Of course I feel for the guy! Bad accidents are not cool. Key on the word accident. s*** happens. And theres no better way to put it behind him than to sell the motor and tranny and ECU. Get what you can out of it and be done with it. Your loss could totally be someone else's gain. Yes I sound a bit selfish here (not intentional), but MSP parts are hard to come by. Don't let them go to waste in the crusher. Givem' back to their family.

Now, another thing. Mister T. Let's say you own a race team. Your driver flips your #1 car and it's a write off. He gets out of the car and stands on it and gives you a thumbs up! Your reaction is :

1. He's okay

2. Oh my god the car is ****** and how much is it going to fix it?

My guess is you think about the money first. (Majority of the world would think of the money first)

Scary isn't it?

Bottom Line ......................Dr. Sound is still Safe and Sound (HAH!)

Time to get on with his life.

Also guys your missing a point, it's possible if it was a big enough deer it could have gone through the windshield and hit the DR.!!!!! He may well have been way better off NOT hitting the deer. You can't 2nd guess situations like this.

I once took out a deer's head with the side view mirror on my civic at about 90mph. Sheared the mirror clean off my car, and sent the deer on a full 360 spin. My god I'm glad I didn't hit him full on!

Trying yo keep on topic......those RX-7 were sweet. I liked the one with the hood scoop and twin exhaust....I think they made a convert. too.

Back