Question: Traffic display on late model (2022) Mazda nav screen

:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
I test drove a CX-50 turbo prem plus this weekend and saw that the maps had traffic congestion indications on the roads display (similar to google maps), whereas my 2019 CX-5 doesn't have this traffic info on the Nav display. I asked the following question in the CX-50 forum as well, so given my assumption that the newer model CX-5's have the same/similar nav as the CX-50, I thought I'd ask here...

Where does that traffic info come from? Is it via the 2G service included with the car, or some different method? The only thing I saw in the online manual was about radio traffic data, but that service on our 2019 only shows major highways, whereas this was down to the side-road granularity level.

on the 10.25 displays it provided by xm. XM travel link came with my signature which includes traffic, gas prices, sports scores, weather radar, weather forcast and parking.

I think my 2019 cx5 signature has traffic from sirius under their included 3yrs of "travel link". That's what mine displays on the built in nav

Ahhh, thanks! I assume this means you have to keep an active XM subscription for the traffic info? (After the initial 3yrs)

I would assume so but not 100% correct. I think you can hhave travel link for $3 a month without the regular xm sub but don't quote me on that.

need the Nav then a sirus subscription service.
there is a menu which shows to which sirius services there is subscription.
mazda gives 3 mo for free to all Siriusxm services if I recall the one has to pay to Siriusxm depending on what options they offer.

I never found the SiriusXM traffic worth the price, I just stick with using CarPlay.
I plug in my destination and leave voice guidance off, but leave notifications on. With notifications, Siri will announce if a faster route is available or there is a hazard.

I tend to use the factory nav cause of the heads up display and for me I find it easier to read. AAlsoi tend to use the fuel pricing feature to look at prices around me. Looking up stuff does not work well. But you can send locations from the mazda app (wife can also send them) and it's easier to add multiple locations. Lastly you can find things on Google maps and send them to the mazda app as a favorite and send from there.

The biggest down side is the maps are 6 months behind on release so they can get up to 12 months behind in-between releases.

That's not much of a downside. Not like roads change all that often.

You've never been to Texas lol.

Oh, I've been. Never lived. Once drove from Cleveland to Texas before the days of GPS on a phone. Got to the Texarakana border and was like THANK GOD ALMOST THERE.
Yea...
HOURS
later....

Back