Question on BCM

I hope this is a simple question. I had water run into the floorboard on the driver side and my BCM got wet with lights on the dash, door locks and turn signals not working, etc. I want to remove the BCM and try to dry it out. I understand I should remove the negative battery cable. If I remove the battery cable, unplug all the connectors off the BCM, dry it and put it all back together, does that mess with the programming or should everything still be the same concerning BCM? I know it's a crap shoot if the BCM will work again. Just want to make sure disconnecting it would not cause a problem.

I believe disconnecting the battery will reset minor things like your radio presets and the clock. Disconnecting it for an extended period of time may result in having to re-initialize your power windows and maybe your liftgate. The procedure for re-initialization should be in the owner's manual, and I believe it has also been discussed here somewhere).

Aside from that, I don't think you'd run into any issues as long as the BCM is working correctly.

I disconnect the batter for 24 hours. Reconnected and started. BCM is still showing all lights on the dash, no turn signals or door locks working so guessing it's time to take it in. I was going to replace it myself but I understand that I will have to have the dealership program it anyway.

Back