question about nos

vinnie316

:
mazda protege mp3
i have a question i received a nos kit w/ a big shot for basiclly nothing (no $$) wanted 2 no what would i need to do to a stock fs motor in a 2001 mp3 besides forged internals (there already on the way!!) 4 it to be reliable and not blow it up.

im confused...

what setup are you running? what parts are going in?

NOS and the stock internals dont play nice. youll zoom zoom boom for sure. and if you do have "forged parts coming" you should have the knowledge of what it would take to get a NOS setup going...

if your going forged you might as well go turbo...

You need to reduce your timing by a substantial amount. The only way to do that is to get a regular Protege ECU, or get a piggyback/standalone. Most of the people who tried nitrous have had bad results. But all the treads about that are from when the MP3 first came out. There have been no people that I have heard of that have used nitrous on ANY protege lately (as in the last 2-3 years), except on intercoolers.

your on a great track man! first deff. get those internals in. next what you do is sell your mp3 ecu, you will get like 300 bucks for it and be sold quickly. buy a p5 ecu, then buy the splitsecond piggyback from protege garage that sells for about $570.00. this will allow you to tune air fuel ratios and retard your timming.

the piggyback,forged internals, cold ass spark plugs and freeing up the motor with a full exhaust and full intake ( including the 626 manifold) would say,you would have a fast ass protege that runs nitrous.

btw- make sure the nitrous is set at wot, that will elimate alot of the problems that people have with nitrous.

another note, wet kits distribute the nos evenly comparted to dry kits. a 50 to 75 shot of nos from a wet kit should be safe, keep us posted man, and maybe make a custom thread about this!!!!

I ran a 75hp dry Zex shot on my stock FS 2.0L for abour 2years before goping turbo. When took everything apart everything was good.

You do need fuel, retard timing, 91+ octane, colder plugs.

thanks for all the info im new to the race seen got kit for a steal and never messed w/ nos would go turbo but not enough funds after the purchase of my aries pistons and rods so nos will have to work want to be in the high 13 in 1/4 mile hand how big of a shot could the fs handle with everything forged 100 200 300 shot ??????

well you should find that out on a dyno. start with a 75 shot and work your way up untill you hear knocking or pinging, and then do some tuning.

if you buy that piggyback, then you will able to use a higher shot and guarentee safety to your motor.

Back