2012 CX-9 AC Drain Clog

Have had to hook up shop Vac to the drain plug in my 2012 CX-9’s condensation drip line. It works but after a day or two is full again. Recently had the blower motor & filer changed, and that’s when it started. Check Engine error code says small or
big evaporator core leak. But after using shop vac I can clear the code until it builds up again.

My question is- Is there a way to use an air compressor from up in the cabin somewhere behind the glove box to really force the clog out?

I’m in Flordia so it’s always working overtime.

Any info is appreciated. (Also the oil change shop put the filter in wrong and that probably allowed debris into the lines.)

Hopefully I can blow it out with pressure from up top?

Sounds like you have a piece of debris that you can blow away from the drain, but as it collects water, that debris makes its way back to the drain and plugs it.

Not sure if you can get inside there without removing the HVAC 'box'.
Maybe you can remove the fan and get access?

If you cannot reach the lines from above blow it out from below with the fan removed. It's not hard to remove the fan and if there is something in there you could spot it in the hole where the fan usually sits?

I’ll try both. I took a good look last night, I could see the hose in middle of dash. Would be hard to get to. I’ll try removing the blower motor & forcing air from beneath out the drain hole as suggested.
Maybe after a few times I’ll get all the gunk out for good. I did see some gunk in the bottom of the hvac box in the corner.

Back