Question about CarPlay kit cables…

Bugzee

:
Ridgefield, WA
:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Quick question…

What’s the idea behind wrapping the cables with the supplied foam tape? I keep seeing it will reduce noise, does that mean system noise or physical noise? Yes it’s a dumb question but I’m just not positive as to what noise they are referring to… I’ve watched several videos and some wrap the cables and some don’t.

Thank you.

Quick question…

What’s the idea behind wrapping the cables with the supplied foam tape? I keep seeing it will reduce noise, does that mean system noise or physical noise? Yes it’s a dumb question but I’m just not positive as to what noise they are referring to… I’ve watched several videos and some wrap the cables and some don’t.

Thank you.

Huh? First I've heard of this. The wire rattles? The volume needs to be turned up if you can hear that.

Huh? First I've heard of this. The wire rattles? The volume needs to be turned up if you can hear that.
Watch the install videos… lots of them wrap the cables with the supplied foam tape. Also, when I had my dash apart nearly every cable is fabric wrapped to prevent noise as well from Mazda

Back