Question about are Motor PLEASE HELP!

JoeHoff04

Okay, i posted a thread yesterday stating i blew my motor, i did alot of research last night, and i found this website ---> JDMenginezone.com there located in Clifton NJ which is about 2 hours from me, i called the guy he sayed he has tons of FS 2.0L engines for my car, and he said all the motors have less than 60,000 miles on them for only $549.99!!!! i was shocked cause i called ken from proteggarage.com and he wanted 1200 which i thought was still pretty reasonable, i just wanted to know this. . . i understand the turbo components have to transferred and what not, but what else is major on the motor so i dont blow it, the car is bone stock nothing done to it at all maybe im looking at doing a front mount intake exaust in the future but thats it, i just wanna make sure if i spend 549.99 on the motor.. i dont blow it again, like the compression ratio, the cams and pistons and what not are all the same, i hope someone can answer my ?'s thank you.

actually i did on your other thread....that's a damn good price for a stock fsde thought....down here they go for around 800 and usually have more miles on them

and once again....the motor is exactly the same except for the plate that is about the oil pan and the turbo setup....exact same block down to the piston rings and every bolt.........

That's just a crazy that all cars or motors in Japan have less than 60k miles. There are rules there that make people want to have newer cars just not everybody can buy a new car all the time. They just get charged an extra tax, it's expensive but cheaper than a new car.

If you do get a JDM engine put some kind of lube in the cylinders before you start it. Pull the plugs and put some trans fluid or at least WD40 in it and crank it over. It'll help from scratching the sleeves since they have been sitting for at least 3 months maybe even a year or more.

yeahh but im nervous, im mechanic(s) keep telling me the motor might not match up, im scared to build my turbo components around that motor, go to crank it and it blows in two days..

I just confirmed in your other post about your engine blowing up.
I litterally did a new motor swap 3 weeks ago, and you can check my posts.

I had the same concern and questions and confusion - but it IS exactly how it has been said - the exact same engine. My car is running even better than before. My turbo is spooling faster, my intake sounds louder and more aggressive with better response. I still haven' boosted into the 9psi range (and i don't want too lol - i'm scared to break something).

My advice to you - drive it like it's a dx civic hatch back but not like a V8 mustang. Drive hard on corners, but don't be smashing the gas.
Great car, but NOT a good plan to drive the ish outta it and not expect nothing to break without building up the internals. My $0.02

Good luck bra

same here my car run even better. just have trouble on some line i have to change but other than that its seems like i got a good motor. thanx to orng1

No problem, I just wanted to see another MSP get back on the road.

The protege motor is a protege motor, the difference is if you were to get a FZ motor without knowing it.

I have been driving the s*** out of it since day one, obviously not mashing all the time but every on ramp, dead street and when ever given the opportunity. There are a lot of variables as to how long a motor will last and then there is just plain dumb luck. My MSP is the later.

Great guys, soo im just gunna pick me up one of the motors from JDMengine zone, i got a few to pick from and ill go from there, ill keep u posted on everything thanks so much.. and ill be grabing a FS 2.0L

Back