Purchased ALLDATA subscriptions!

MR6

:
2009 Mazda 5 Touring & 2012 MS3
So I joined AllData (www.alldatadiy.com) and it is awesome! Now i have access to all TSBs, Recalls, DTCs, capacities, specifications, diagrams AND the shop manuals on steroids. The wealth of information is just sick. This is what shops use but this version provides access to only the cars i pay for. I purchased a 5 year sub for both my Mazdas.

Click below for coupon codes and happy wrenching!

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/alldatadiy.com

Very interesting. What do the shop manuals look like? Trouble shooting / diagnostics? Wiring diagrams?

What format is the stuff in? Can you download and save it, or is it only possible to view online?

The format is HTML. But each drawing, diagram, list of codes, etc can be what they call "sized for print" and then printed as a PDF for use offline. I used the Windows 7 snipping tool to capture these sample shots so you can judge for yourself. The more i dig through the more impressed i am with the service. With the kind of power increases you are looking to do, i highly recommend you get yourself a subscription. In the end, if you need anything just PM me and i'll dig it up for you. That goes for anybody, btw.
(drinks)

The wiring diagrams menu went on for 3 pages:

Here's the Power Distribution wiring diagram:

Partial Engine DTC codes. The list of codes of all types went on forever. The data in the last column can be clicked for troubleshooting info:

Here's a sample of the troubleshooting info that comes up when clicking the links in the table above. The blue squares below can also be clicked for info:

And finally the shop manual. I chose this particular drawing because I couldn't find it in the ebay shop manual i bought. I didn't attempt to install the MS3 FSB because i didn't have the cross member's torque specs. And viola, AllData had the drawing. I'll install the bar in the spring now that i have what i need:

The format is HTML. But each drawing, diagram, list of codes, etc can be what they call "sized for print" and then printed as a PDF for use offline. I used the Windows 7 snipping tool to capture these sample shots so you can judge for yourself. The more i dig through the more impressed i am with the service. With the kind of power increases you are looking to do, i highly recommend you get yourself a subscription. In the end, if you need anything just PM me and i'll dig it up for you. That goes for anybody, btw.
(drinks)

That looks like a good amount of info, and a pretty reasonable price. I think you probably just convinced me to join/get a subscription. So now the next question is, 1 or 5 year?

Is it easy and quick to download by "save as pdf"? Or is there just too much? For example, would I have to download a 1200 page shop manual page-by-page?

Basically, do you think it would be possible to download everything while sitting in front of the TV for a few hours? If so, I'll save the $20 and get the 1 year subscription. (Downloading it all would also be useful b/c I could have it on my computer out at the track, where I might not have internet access). If downloading would take a significant amount of time and effort, I'd just get the 5-year, it is only $20...

page by page brotha. They'd be out of business otherwise. I keep a shoplap (laptop) in my garage so it's actually quite convenient. In your case, i would download the most common pages relevant to track issues...as a start anyway.

page by page brotha. They'd be out of business otherwise.

Yeah that's what I expected, but figured I'd ask. Thanks.

I keep a shoplap (laptop) in my garage so it's actually quite convenient. In your case, i would download the most common pages relevant to track issues...as a start anyway.

I just bought a new laptop for my wife about a month ago, and her old machine will be put in the shop after a wipe and clean OS install. (as soon as she's satisfied that she hasn't lost any iTunes files, etc. in the changeover)

Maybe I finally need to figure out how to tether with my phone... (rooted, not by paying for AT&T tethering service)

Back