protege5

Dennisvalle

:
Mazda, protege5
Hey guys i need some help with p5 i been trying to fix the misfire but still the same i change spark plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator and still same thing please help me out thanks

The thing is the only thing it show me in the computer is cylinders 1 and 2 are misfire and the fuel pressure regulator

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

How many miles ago did you change the coil packs?

Because you have a cylinder 1 and 2 misfire, it is most likely the coil. If the coils are from worthless stores such as Autozone / Advance Auto / OReilly's it is of no surprise that they've gone bad prematurely. These stores sell garbage parts.

Doesnt 1 coil run #2 and #3 and other coil pack runs #1 and #4??????? So if one fails it would'nt cause a miss on #1 and #2

Doesnt 1 coil run #2 and #3 and other coil pack runs #1 and #4??????? So if one fails it would'nt cause a miss on #1 and #2

That is correct but coils on our car can be a real source of aggravation. Even brand new coils have been known to be bad right out of the box.

Replacing the coils is usually the best place to start when trying to track down a misfire code.

That is the wierd thing 2 and 4 work with the same coil and 1 and 3 with the otherone so i dont is the coils

That is correct but coils on our car can be a real source of aggravation. Even brand new coils have been known to be bad right out of the box.

Replacing the coils is usually the best place to start when trying to track down a misfire code.
Well both of the coils are new i gonna change them and see what happen
What kind of spark plug you guys use??

I did coils, plugs, wires, cleaned EGR, MAF cleaner, compression check etc etc and whatever else that's been suggested here in the past and my car never stopped misfiring. It got so bad it would stall when trying to accelerate. There was no MAF code for 2 years that I chased the misfire, and when the MAF code finally came up I swapped it with a new unit from Amazon for under $70. Problem fixed instantly.

Last edited:
I did coils, plugs, wires, cleaned EGR, MAF cleaner, compression check etc etc and whatever else that's been suggested here in the past and my car never stopped misfiring. It got so bad it would stall when trying to accelerate. There was no MAF code for 2 years that I chased the misfire, and when the MAF code finally came up I swapped it with a new unit from Amazon for under $70. Problem fixed instantly.
I hope that help me i gonna try that

I found the problem it was low compresion on cylinder one i just put 20w-50 oil and it stop misfire but before that it was over heating so i change almost everything but it still overheating

Back