Protege03ak46's Build Thread

Its effing amazing. Love it. Top 3 best mods, easy.

Found this while digging through my photo bucket account. I think it works

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTcuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTYuanBn.jpg

Currently my wing does nothing till you hit 140. Really, how many times have/am I gonna hit that? This will actually work at more reasonable speeds, as low as 30 mph.

Lol it's like as tall as the roof! Engineer your own shark fins like the Evo for the top of the rear window to help the wing!

Lol it's like as tall as the roof! Engineer your own shark fins like the Evo for the top of the rear window to help the wing!

Not a bad idea! The wing needs to be that height to function properly. I know someone is thinking it, so I'm gonna clear up a few things.

FWD's don't need them, there pointless
First, what is the number one problem that almost every fwd suffers from? Understeer. Under acceleration, weight transfers to the the rear, causing the front to lift. How do you fix this? Higher rear spring rate compared to front. So say your coils come from the factory
With 7k front and 5k rear. An ideal spring rate would actually be closer to 7ront and 10k rear because less transfer to the rear equals more grip at the front. The reason coilover manufactures don't do this is due to rear end stability, or lack there of. Anything above 60 is just terrifying. Well the cure is a wing. You get to keep that high rear spring rate for low speed corners and you gain rear end stability by the added weight created by the rear down force created by the wing. That's it.

They don't do anything but slow you down-
Actually depending on the angle of attack, you can change the drag created by the wing. Some can even eliminate drag all together.

Not a bad idea! The wing needs to be that height to function properly. I know someone is thinking it, so I'm gonna clear up a few things.

FWD's don't need them, there pointless
First, what is the number one problem that almost every fwd suffers from? Understeer. Under acceleration, weight transfers to the the rear, causing the front to lift. How do you fix this? Higher rear spring rate compared to front. So say your coils come from the factory
With 7k front and 5k rear. An ideal spring rate would actually be closer to 7ront and 10k rear because less transfer to the rear equals more grip at the front. The reason coilover manufactures don't do this is due to rear end stability, or lack there of. Anything above 60 is just terrifying. Well the cure is a wing. You get to keep that high rear spring rate for low speed corners and you gain rear end stability by the added weight created by the rear down force created by the wing. That's it.

They don't do anything but slow you down-
Actually depending on the angle of attack, you can change the drag created by the wing. Some can even eliminate drag all together.

(attention)

It sounds like your contradicting yourself. Or are you making and argument then debating the point?

Making a point. I just don't want the drama surrounding wings on fwds in my thread. Thought I'd clear up some of the miss conceptions before someone goes off... Lol

interesting. so will you be getting the same wing in the photos on the previous page? or something else?

Oh, gotcha. Hey, if Bill Brees ran one on his 1st place NASA TT MSP then they must help.

CIMG35931280-777x587.jpg

916740222_bPtSv-1600-793x511.jpg

I actually think yours looks pretty good.

Yeah, Bill said it helped braking considerably as well. Think, more [effective] weight in the rear, you can apply more rear bias before it will lock up. Rear locking up before the front = very tight butt hole.

He also had a splitter in the front, though.

Not a bad idea! The wing needs to be that height to function properly. I know someone is thinking it, so I'm gonna clear up a few things.................

(toetap)
Sir....the internet is not a place for science and logic. Please take your propaganda elsewhere.

Wish that was mine! Its in fact weaksauce's Origin GT wing. It was off for some repair work and we just put it up there to see what it would look like. When I get mine It'll prolly be something from APR Performance or even RE-Amemiya if shipping isnt super killer...

New tires! 215/40 S-Drives, brand new, 400 installed. Couldn't pass it up. Not exactly the width I want but gotta get what fits.Tires were slowly deflating anyway, it was time.

Ps: just realized this is my 6th set of tires in the past 3 years. Lol

New tires! 215/40 S-Drives, brand new, 400 installed. Couldn't pass it up. Not exactly the width I want but gotta get what fits.Tires were slowly deflating anyway, it was time.

Ps: just realized this is my 6th set of tires in the past 3 years. Lol

any pics?

Back