Protective Sealant for New CX5

Ricsta

:
2016 CX-5 GT
I'll be picking up GT with Tech and iActive packages by next weekend. I've been following this forum for a year and a half and am excited to finally pull the trigger. I'm looking to apply paint sealant and my research has led me to Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar product. Any advice or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Get yourself a can of TurtleWax Ice and you'll get the same result in your garage for $15 and two hours labor.

Waxes only last a few weeks to a month... Where sealants can last anywhere from a month to a year or two.

Waxes only last a few weeks to a month... Where sealants can last anywhere from a month to a year or two.
Sorry, dealers have been trying to sell that line for decades (for hundereds of dollars of extra profit!) and it's never been true. BTW, I used Ice on my car about 5 months ago and it still beads like crazy and nothing sticks to it.

Last edited:
I like this wax. Easy job to put on every couple months.

2788_lg.jpg

Get yourself a can of TurtleWax Ice and you'll get the same result in your garage for $15 and two hours labor.

This is something intend to do myself.

Sorry, dealers have been trying to sell that line for decades (for hundereds of dollars of extra profit!) and it's never been true. BTW, I used Ice on my car about 5 months ago and it still beads like crazy and nothing sticks to it.

This isn't intended to be a dealer solution, but something I do myself. I've read that while waxing may last a few weeks sealant may last a several months. Was looking for anyone with personal experiences with sealants.

Thanks...

If you go on autogeek forum... You'll find a lot of info about wax vs. sealant. I'm no professional, but I just read on forums and watch a lot of videos about detailing as I prefer keeping my car as good condition as possible...

I'm looking to apply paint sealant and my research has led me to Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar product. Any advice or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

I've used the Klasse products on three vehicles and it's good stuff but to work properly the surface needs to be cleaned and properly prepped and the sealant needs to be applied in a particular manner. It's a lot of work to apply properly and visually the results are not very rewarding. It does seem to offer a bit extra longer term protection compared to waxes but the amount of protection offered by either is not that much.

Actually, the modern paint used on the CX-5 is exceptionally hard once it's fully cured and I wouldn't worry about adding anything other than a little wax unless I lived in an area with excessive industrial pollution.

My money is on the dealer just putting on turtle wax. All these items, paint protection, tire protection, yada yada yada, are designed to sound fancy and funnel money away from you.

My money is on the dealer just putting on turtle wax. All these items, paint protection, tire protection, yada yada yada, are designed to sound fancy and funnel money away from you.

Customer: We sat here right in this room and went over this and over this!
Jerry: Yeah, but that TruCoat--
Customer: I sat right here and said I didn't want no TruCoat!
Jerry: Yeah, but I'm sayin', that TruCoat, you don't get it and you get oxidization problems. It'll cost you a heck of lot more'n five hundred--
Customer: You're sittin' here, you're talkin' in circles! You're talkin' like we didn't go over this already!
Jerry: Yeah, but this TruCoat--
Customer: We had us a deal here for nine-teen-five. You sat there and darned if you didn't tell me you'd get this car, these options, without the sealant, for nine-teen-five!
Jerry: All right, I'm not sayin' I didn't--
Customer: You called me twenty minutes ago and said you had it! Ready to make delivery, ya says! Come on down and get it! And here ya are and you're wastin' my time and you're wastin' my wife's time and I'm payin' nineteen-five for this vehicle here!
Jerry: All right. I'll talk to my boss. See, they install that TruCoat at the factory, there's nothin' we can do, but I'll talk to my boss.
[Jerry leaves the room]
Customer: [to his wife] These guys here--these guys! It's always the same! It's always more!
[Other room]
Jerry: You goin' to the Gophers on Sunday?
Salesman: Oh you betcha.
Jerry: You wouldn't happen to have an extra ticket?
Salesman: You kiddin'!
[Jerry returns to his office]
Jerry: Well, he never done this before. But seeing as it's special circumstances and all, he says I can knock a hundred dollars off that Trucoat.
Customer: One hundred--You lied to me, Mr Lundegaard. You're a bald-faced liar. A ******* liar.
Customer's Wife: Bucky, please.
Customer: Where's my god damn check book? Let's get this over with.

Last edited:
customer: We sat here right in this room and went over this and over this!
Jerry: Yeah, but that trucoat--
customer: I sat right here and said i didn't want no trucoat!
Jerry: Yeah, but i'm sayin', that trucoat, you don't get it and you get oxidization problems. It'll cost you a heck of lot more'n five hundred--
customer: You're sittin' here, you're talkin' in circles! You're talkin' like we didn't go over this already!
Jerry: Yeah, but this trucoat--
customer: We had us a deal here for nine-teen-five. You sat there and darned if you didn't tell me you'd get this car, these options, without the sealant, for nine-teen-five!
Jerry: All right, i'm not sayin' i didn't--
customer: You called me twenty minutes ago and said you had it! Ready to make delivery, ya says! Come on down and get it! And here ya are and you're wastin' my time and you're wastin' my wife's time and i'm payin' nineteen-five for this vehicle here!
Jerry: All right. I'll talk to my boss. See, they install that trucoat at the factory, there's nothin' we can do, but i'll talk to my boss.
[jerry leaves the room]
customer: [to his wife] these guys here--these guys! It's always the same! It's always more!
[other room]
jerry: You goin' to the gophers on sunday?
Salesman: Oh you betcha.
Jerry: You wouldn't happen to have an extra ticket?
Salesman: You kiddin'!
[jerry returns to his office]
jerry: Well, he never done this before. But seeing as it's special circumstances and all, he says i can knock a hundred dollars off that trucoat.
Customer: One hundred--you lied to me, mr lundegaard. You're a bald-faced liar. A ******* liar.
Customer's wife: Bucky, please.
Customer: Where's my god damn check book? Let's get this over with.

lol!!!

Zaino

I've been using Zaino products for over 10 yeas. My applications will easily last for a year with regular washing included.

Back