Project Cosmo 20B rebuild thread

Berty,, I will come back to you,, I am working on a Getrag 5 speed and adaptor plate,, box is good for really big torque where as my builder states the FC box will shred teeth as not designed for the power and torque of the 20b,, how much are you asking for the set up you have??

Hi frank20bcosmo,

I'm dover, I have a RX7, I would like to put a 20B engine, you know where I can find one in the UK?

hey frank hows the build going? will you be going to any meets once the freeze thaws?

How are you?,, build is going OK a bit slower than I would like but we are parts gathering at the moment but I expect things to start coming together in the next couple of Months,, not sure what shows are coming up TBH and they all tend to be bloody miles away,, which ones are you getting to this year?

Hi frank20bcosmo,

I'm dover, I have a RX7, I would like to put a 20B engine, you know where I can find one in the UK?

Hi,, I do know somebody that can get you a 20b but converting this to fit your RX7 is very expensive and the 20b will probably need a rebuild,, you wont get much change out of 12,000 to 15,000 by the time you have purchased everything you need,, might be worth trying to buy one that has already been converted as this could be a cheaper option

Hi I have contacted him and he can sort you out a 20B ,, I have no idea of cost but if you send me your e-mail address I will send it to him and he can contact you,, he is on another forum in the UK so I dont know him personally just through the fact he has a 20b in his rx7 and had it built at the same garage as mine was rebuilt

Hi I have contacted him and he can sort you out a 20B ,, I have no idea of cost but if you send me your e-mail address I will send it to him and he can contact you,, he is on another forum in the UK so I dont know him personally just through the fact he has a 20b in his rx7 and had it built at the same garage as mine was rebuilt

ok, thanks you

cb60230@laposte.net

:)

I can't believe it has been over a year since I last posted anything on here,, well a year later and we finally got a date to get the Cosmo in for her manual conversion,, 1st March
FC Turbo 11 box, also fitting the larger intercooler I have had for some time now and the Motec M600, changing the rad to a custom made with more cooling potential.

I was invited to attend and participate in the filming of a new episode of Wheeler Dealers,, a TV show which I think is aired worldwide on Discovery,, they have done a FD RX7 and wanted other Rotary engine cars to attend,, you will see the Cosmo trying to keep up with them on the race track,, had a problem with a front tyre on the way,, managed to seal it but as I ran flat on it I was getting tyre shake at 60 mph,, didn't want to push it too much as I had a 90 mile trip to get home,, should be aired around Easter,, I will update the post when the Cosmo is back and what BHP she is pulling after the ECU is fitted and mapped correctly,,

right now off to go and buy a new tyre (gah)

Cosmo has gone in a week early to have this work completed,, drove it in the 80+ miles on Saturday as an auto,, when I collect it I will be driving it home as a 5 speed manual (drive)

Thats Ok Frank - we kept up with your adventures on FAcebook thanks to your daughter!! I've even seen the video!! GEt into the teenies man!! get a Facebook account and come talk to us in real time!! look for " Cosmo owners group " and you can friend an knucklehead called Howard James!!

(couch)

Kramer

I know Bud,, I will,, just wanted to see the thread through to the end,, still having problems finding this colour for the car though,, definitely not a Mazda red,, I want to get the rest of the kit painted and fitted before our glorious summer starts,, then unless I go single turbo and vented hood I can say she is finished,, yeah right there is always something else,, anyway sent the fuel lid off for paint scanning so should know soon..

I can't believe it has been over a year since I last posted anything on here,, well a year later and we finally got a date to get the Cosmo in for her manual conversion,, 1st March
FC Turbo 11 box, also fitting the larger intercooler I have had for some time now and the Motec M600, changing the rad to a custom made with more cooling potential.

I was invited to attend and participate in the filming of a new episode of Wheeler Dealers,, a TV show which I think is aired worldwide on Discovery,, they have done a FD RX7 and wanted other Rotary engine cars to attend,, you will see the Cosmo trying to keep up with them on the race track,, had a problem with a front tyre on the way,, managed to seal it but as I ran flat on it I was getting tyre shake at 60 mph,, didn't want to push it too much as I had a 90 mile trip to get home,, should be aired around Easter,, I will update the post when the Cosmo is back and what BHP she is pulling after the ECU is fitted and mapped correctly,,

right now off to go and buy a new tyre (gah)

very cool !! I watch this show for us :)) I Should have asked them to bring and restore Сosmo ;)

I watch that show too here on Discovery Japan...Congrats on being invited and thanks for keeping us updated! (2thumbs)

How's the manual conversion going..?

I watch that show too here on Discovery Japan...Congrats on being invited and thanks for keeping us updated! (2thumbs)

How's the manual conversion going..?

Hi Antoine and Moogwai

I twas a nice surprise to be asked,, both presenters were really friendly and I enjoyed the day.. would have enjoyed it more if the tyre had been in better shape an d this work I am having completed had already been done as I was a little concerned about pushing it too much,,

The manual conversion is underway,, auto box is out just waiting for the clutch and flywheel to arrive,, lot's going on,, I expect to have it back in about 2-3 weeks and we can then assess how the twin turbo's can cope before we decide if a single is the way to go..

will keep the thread updated on the progress

Any updates (with juicy pics please)? I'm still waiting for the "Wheeler Dealers" RX-7 / Cosmo episode to air here in Japan...In fact, there's a new episode (for Discovery Japan) tonight that I've got set on the DVR.

The only problem with that is by the time another 5 years goes bythey will be that rare (especially the 20b) the prices will be through the roof
go on goo.net and see some of the prices now, they have gone up 50% in the last 4 years and with the exchange rate to the yen how it is at the moment it is not cost effective to buy them from Japan at the moment, good news for those that own them now though(drinks)

Cosmos are 25 next year Frank -we need a big party!

Any updates (with juicy pics please)? I'm still waiting for the "Wheeler Dealers" RX-7 / Cosmo episode to air here in Japan...In fact, there's a new episode (for Discovery Japan) tonight that I've got set on the DVR.

Hey Antoine,, No news yet Cosmo is still away,, should not be too long now,, you can catch the wheeler dealers episode on you tube as somebody has posted it up

Cosmos are 25 next year Frank -we need a big party!

Maybe we can do something...Hmmm...How about having shirts made or something..? :D

Hey Antoine,, No news yet Cosmo is still away,, should not be too long now,, you can catch the wheeler dealers episode on you tube as somebody has posted it up

I saw the WD episode...First of all, your Cosmo looked great and nice jacket! Great to see the EC on a TV show and on the track BUT they didn't talk to you or feature the Cosmo!?!?! :(

Back