Problem w/ pumping gas

kicker22705

:
03.5 Ti MSP
lately i've been having horrible problem w/ pumping gas. as soon as i start to pump, the trigger clicks as if it were full. this is after i only pumped 1/2 a gallon on an empty tank. i'm talking it clicks and stops pumping ever 5-10 seconds.

i tried everything... pulled out the nozzle 1/2 way or more, pumped slower, tried different stations, but it always clicks and stops. its to the point where it takes me like 10 minutes to pump 1/2 tank.

it appears the fuel is getting backed up faster than it can take it in, but i never had this problem before... only thing i did differently since this started happening that i can find remotely related is, i poured some 110 few weeks ago from one of those portable fuel containers.

any ideas???

lately i've been having horrible problem w/ pumping gas. as soon as i start to pump, the trigger clicks as if it were full. this is after i only pumped 1/2 a gallon on an empty tank. i'm talking it clicks and stops pumping ever 5-10 seconds.

i tried everything... pulled out the nozzle 1/2 way or more, pumped slower, tried different stations, but it always clicks and stops. its to the point where it takes me like 10 minutes to pump 1/2 tank.

it appears the fuel is getting backed up faster than it can take it in, but i never had this problem before... only thing i did differently since this started happening that i can find remotely related is, i poured some 110 few weeks ago from one of those portable fuel containers.

any ideas???

subs to find how to fix this...

I have the exact same problem, drives the full service gas attendants nuts when they try to fill me up.

Right now what I have been doing to make it not click is turn the nozzle upside down. Warning though, even if the gas tank is full it will keep going.

My truck did this, but that was after changing the fuel pump and it was because the hose leading to the tank was creased.. no idea what it would be in a MSP though.. I hated it.. 10 freaking minutes to pump half a tank.

I have had this problem with some other cars. it was really annoying especially when it was really cold

Make sure that none of your vent hoses/pipes are plugged kinked etc etc. If air can't get out while fuel is going in, you will have this problem.

Back