Pro Sport gauges

djdanny5000

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Retired: 2002 Protege 5
So i just installed an elec. boost and AFR prosport gauge in my speed 6 but they are very dim. During the day i can't even read the numbers and at night it's very dim. any idea why there like this? all the pics of seen from members they seem very bright

I also have the Pro Sport elec boost gauge in my MS3. My day time color is white and night is amber (the white was simply too bright). I also have a hard time reading the gauge during the day time. The location seems to be a slight problem but I can live with it. I included a vid but don't have one during the day time though :(.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krMR-VIQUEI

mine is almost too bright...its brighter than my dash cluster, even with the headlights off

you see mine doesnt look anywhere near as bright as the one in the video i'm going to hook it up to a different source for ACC power and see what happens

i used a fuse tap and tapped one of the unused 10 amp fuses for the power.

The link in the SU forums only tells of wiring amber. I would like to wire the white during the day and the amber to be on whenever the parking lights/lights are on. My worry is that if I connect the white to any acc, it will always be on and wont switch once the parking lights turn on. Can someone with experience comment on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry man, no links to SU. SU has been banned from this board for a very long time due to shady business practices.

the official stance of this board is STAY AWAY FROM SU.

and, if you have the info, feel free to post it up here, no need to link away to it.

and, if you have the info, feel free to post it up here, no need to link away to it.

Fair enough. And thanks for the heads up.

I have necessary wires run through the firewall, sensor wires placed, just need a little help where to connect the white, amber, and red wires.

The safest place to get the power is from the cigarette lighter if you don't want to go the fuse tap route (you can just splice into the back of it). IIRC, if you want to connect the red and white OR amber to the power, depending on which color you want. i went with red, so i think I only connected the amber, and the white wasn't connected

Latest posts

Back