Gauge and Screen Dimming

I've had my 21 CX-5 Signature for a couple weeks now. Am I just being picky, or has anyone else found that there is a huge gap in brightness between full brightness and 1 click down twisting the gauge stalk to adjust? I find that in daytime rainy situations, as well as dawn and dusk, there's not an appropriate setting. Max brightness is too bright, and 1 click down is pretty dim for these conditions. There seems to be a very significant difference, like the dim setting go from 1 to 10 and then the next click to to max is 30. One click down is plenty bright at night, but those in between times I'm forced to accept too dim or too bright, where something in that missing middle range would be ideal.

I've read through a few threads here and elsewhere and haven't found any mention other than using the stalk to adjust, and using 1 click below max and allowing the auto control to work. It's certainly not bad at that setting, but kinda annoying when it's a rainy day and the brightness bounces between max and dim several times during my commute, mostly staying on dim which is really pretty dim even at the last click before the jump to max.

I've had my 21 CX-5 Signature for a couple weeks now. Am I just being picky, or has anyone else found that there is a huge gap in brightness between full brightness and 1 click down twisting the gauge stalk to adjust? I find that in daytime rainy situations, as well as dawn and dusk, there's not an appropriate setting. Max brightness is too bright, and 1 click down is pretty dim for these conditions. There seems to be a very significant difference, like the dim setting go from 1 to 10 and then the next click to to max is 30. One click down is plenty bright at night, but those in between times I'm forced to accept too dim or too bright, where something in that missing middle range would be ideal.

I've read through a few threads here and elsewhere and haven't found any mention other than using the stalk to adjust, and using 1 click below max and allowing the auto control to work. It's certainly not bad at that setting, but kinda annoying when it's a rainy day and the brightness bounces between max and dim several times during my commute, mostly staying on dim which is really pretty dim even at the last click before the jump to max.
I agree. I just upgraded from a 2017, and the brightest dusk '1 click down' setting is noticeably not as bright in the 2021. Frustrating.

I just completed my new owner survey from Mazda today, where I detailed this and several other issues with less than ideal functionality in a few areas. I gave a lot of detail and basically called Mazda out for not doing sufficient user testing, or caring to resolve issues that would be quickly identified with any half competent testing. I’m not sure it’ll help any, but I requested to be contacted by Mazda directly to discuss further. Luckily these are all pretty minor annoyances that don’t significantly impact my ability to enjoy my CX-5, but they also should be relatively easy and low cost to resolve as it seems mainly due to ineffective final review of how software programming that may pass all tests in a controlled environment does not result in an ideal user experience in the real world.

Back