Power Liftgate TROUBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mixmasterlove

Contributor
Has anyone had a problem with the PL ??? Out of no where to day I tried closing the PL and got 2 beeps and the PL only closed a few inches THEN opened again. I had to manually close it.

Has anyone had a problem with the PL ??? Out of no where to day I tried closing the PL and got 2 beeps and the PL only closed a few inches THEN opened again. I had to manually close it.

Owners manual gives a bunch of reasons - see pages 3-32 to 3-34

from sensors to shifter position...

I have had this issue. When I dropped the car of for it's first service I couldn't close it there at Mazda's lot. They looked at it but couldn't find anything wrong and I haven't experienced any problems since. I think Mazda's service guy reset the PL and no problems since.

I have had this issue. When I dropped the car of for it's first service I couldn't close it there at Mazda's lot. They looked at it but couldn't find anything wrong and I haven't experienced any problems since. I think Mazda's service guy reset the PL and no problems since.

Do you know how they reset the PL, do you? Thanks

I don't think resetting is a permanent fix.
If it bounces back, it must have encountered some form of resistances.
Most likely it is the motor inside the trim.

I had the same issue when i first got my 2011 cx-9. Brought it in and they told me they know what it is and it happens on occasions. They adjusted the bottom lock hinge and haven't had the issue since. 15 minute fix. My dealer know about the issue so I suppose other dealers would as well.

I had the same issue when i first got my 2011 cx-9. Brought it in and they told me they know what it is and it happens on occasions. They adjusted the bottom lock hinge and haven't had the issue since. 15 minute fix. My dealer know about the issue so I suppose other dealers would as well.

Thanks, I will see if I can mess with the lock hinge. If not, I will have the dealership look at it.

It depends.
If the gate bounced back while it is almost fully closed, it could be the hinge.
If the gate bounced back halfway, it is more likely the motor inside the trim.

Mine problem is a little different LG closes but doesn't latch properly then gives beeping warning so I have to either push down on LG or open and close by hand?

Thanks, I will see if I can mess with the lock hinge. If not, I will have the dealership look at it.

I ended up taking the car to the dealership and the motor was replaced. Luckily my extended coverage covered it or else the dealership price was ~$1,200.

It would of stayed like that for some time.

Back