Powder Coating stock rims

ravnos

When you guys (those who have gotten theirs done), was it a one day job or did you have to leave your car at the shop? Or did you have to put on replacement rims for the duration of the job?

It'll probably take a few days, or a week. I'd count on at least a week or 2 at the minimum. Ask the shop you'll be taking your wheels to.

Plan on taking the tires off as well, and your car that is getting the powder coating done, to be sitting on bricks, or donuts while the wheels are coated. Or just get some spare steelys and throw them on?

-J

It'll probably take a few days, or a week. I'd count on at least a week or 2 at the minimum. Ask the shop you'll be taking your wheels to.

Plan on taking the tires off as well, and your car that is getting the powder coating done, to be sitting on bricks, or donuts while the wheels are coated. Or just get some spare steelys and throw them on?

-J

Unrelated, but that response reminded me of a time my wife and I went to Carabbas for dinner and asked what the wait time was. The hostess says, "45 minutes.............................................to an hour". Almost like she wanted us to leave! Was just laughing reading that response was all. Hopefully others that have already had them done can answer your question more accurately!

True, but i did mention to ask the shop he'd be taking it to.

Glad I could bring back fond memories!

-J

I've found it much easier (and cheaper) to just use wheel spray paint (not just regular paint). And I've had a set of wheels powdercoated. That was the biggest waste of money. Once it starts chipping, you can't just give it a quick respray. If you take your time rattle-canning and do it right the first time, they will look great and it will be easy to repair any chips or scuffs.

Back