Post Your Engine MODS & PSI!!!!

I don't think he cares lol

he's just waiting for the motor to fail so he can drop in his forged motor haha

I check it pretty frequently to be sure that it's not something else. I don't have the EGR hooked up as you can see from the picture so I get that code. I usually have my scanner plugged in as I drive, it gives way more info that I'd need like 15 gauges to see.

oh yeah got a question for any one that can answer it The car will not boost as much with a tiny muffler correct???

it'll boost plenty with a tiny muffler

with a tiny s-pipe, j-pipe, or mid-pipe no it won't boost as much....get an sls midpipe/j-pipe (Catless) and you'll notice a new psi or two

You can boost with a tiny muffler but you are keeping a lot of heat trapped in the exhaust and a lot of back presure that creates heat. Heat is bad as it will lower the pre ignition threshold and more easily blow your motor.

well yea, but I've had the stock cat back, upgraded cat backs, and no cat back.....none ever affected the amount of boost levels the stock turbo kicked out

only the midpipe, jpipe, and spipe affected that

Okay beacuse for a while now i have had a really tiny muffler on it and my wga was messed up and i didnt know it.... I got my boost gauge fixed and i was boosting only like 10 sometimes 11psi i thought this was weird because most people said they boost like 15psi well today i got my exhaust fixed just started running the down pipe with a turn down after the flex pipe as i was driving i was noticing that i was boosting almost 14psi so i quickly slowed down i ordered my atp wastegate actuator.... Could this tiny muffler be the reason my car has not blown the past couple of months that i have been driving it like this???

I think it was you paying attention that it wouldn't go to far over that it didn't blow.

no prior to today i had givin the car pure hell i tried to see what i can boost redlined and everything i only hit 11 untill today

yea replace your wastegate and drop the boost to 6psi ASAP

I'm surprised the ecu didn't freak out on you

The backpresure from that restrictive exhaust helped close the actuator.

mmmmm... nice to know my atp wga should be in this weekend ill replace it i may turn the boost up to 8 or 9psi but i have to drive the car to college and back this week ill roughly put 300 miles on it...it should be fine as long as i dont boost right??

Just try to keep your right foot out of it but with the stock turbo it can spool quick and even with you not being on the gas an incline in the road and your boosting quick.

Latest posts

Back