polk momo 6.5

chwast

:
2008 Mazda 3 HB
Did anybody know's if they will fit 08 mazda3 hatch, crutchfield shows that 6-3/4 speakers will fit in doors. Just need to confirm before buying. Anyone installed 6-3/4 speakers in 08 3 hatch?

Did anybody know's if they will fit 08 mazda3 hatch, crutchfield shows that 6-3/4 speakers will fit in doors. Just need to confirm before buying. Anyone installed 6-3/4 speakers in 08 3 hatch?

Yes, you need an adapter. Some 6.5" components include them. Pioneer and Alpine components, for example, include a 5x7/6x8 adapter to fit the 6.5" woofer.

However, you should check the mounting depth, or check Crutchfield. Also, check whether the Polk's have the needed adapter, or you'll have to get that too.

FYI, I have 6-3/4 Pioneer components in my 2008 hatch.

I know i can get adapter from crutchfield. Top-mount depth 2-3/4" so lokks like they will fit tight

You might have to fab your own adapters if the speakers don't come with them. I have bought a set of Scocshe SA68's and haven't found a whole lot of use for them, since most of the "6.5" speakers I've bought seem to be anything but.

Now this guy -> http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/ makes some nice adapters that are very easy to dremel out to the right size, and have multiple speaker mounting holes. They're inexpensive but very well made.

Alternately, you can buy a sheet of MDF or HDPE, spend a couple hours with a magic marker and a dremel, and make your own, using the stock speakers as a template.

Back