Plasti Dip

bushidoboy

:
CX-5 GT
Anyone ever used this product?
Someone recommended this to me, I did a search on YOUTUBE and thought it was a cool product. Just wondering if anyone had any bad experiences with removing it or how it looks/sprays on. Was thinking of doing my emblems and rims maybe. I see they have gunmetal too.

Anyone ever used this product?
Someone recommended this to me, I did a search on YOUTUBE and thought it was a cool product. Just wondering if anyone had any bad experiences with removing it or how it looks/sprays on. Was thinking of doing my emblems and rims maybe. I see they have gunmetal too.

Go look in the How to section

Its basically spray on rubber. The surface must be very clean and free of debris to work well. And you have to use a separate spray for a shiny finish as it sets to a matte finish.

It is as advertised in all the sites, EASY..... I demonstrated it to a friend by spraying a bit onto my cx-5 and as we talked, it dried, I then peeled it off. Even the over spray is not hard to remove, on a clean vehicle, just use a clean dry microfiber cloth to rub it off.

attachment.php

Front emblem, shiny black plastic piece on grill and eyebrows, they just peel off if you do not want them.....

attachment.php

The trick to clean lines when you need to get them (like the eyebrows) is to peel the tape when it is still wet, the dip continues to dry and forms its own edge along where you peeled it. This is the coolest mod as it it is reversible, so go nuts and have some fun.

I want to do this to my front grill to cover up the chrome bits, and the rear "M" symbol. I might see if I can take off the front grill first though, just to prevent over spray.

just throwing the idea out there:
on ebay they have a bunch of chrome pieces from door handles to headlight framing pieces. in theory, you can plastidip those instead so they are removable and re-installable, and not necessarily a one-time deal where it is stuck on your vehicle until you decide to take them off.

Lots of different colors and options for Plasti Dip too. After seeing ReManG's results, I got inspired. All kinds of ideas, some good, some insane, at dipyourcar.com. They also have a YouTube channel with some very good how-to videos on everything you can do with Plasti Dip.

Looks amazing btw ReManG. Love the eyebrows, going to try my hand at something similar.

Last edited:
aeglaeca,

Thanks, I was not sure on the eyebrows, but they have survived any moodiness I had about them. it is really easy, and one of the tricks I use is to draw with a grease pencil where I want the lines. I also did the back lights as well as the back flying M, and the license plate frame in the black plastidip. I seriously have thought about doing the Moon-roof glass as well, a good thick layer would black it out and keep some of the solar radiation out in the summer (maybe), but could protect it from hail, etc.

Puddle.Jumper,
I like your idea, it is temp on temp, but leave it as long as you want....very interesting.

Jcanracer,

The grille dis-assembly is rather complex, so you may just want to mask it off. check the dipyourcar.com site for ideas.

550766_3668047904038_251818497_n.jpg

527847_3668047264022_910223692_n.jpg

Tried it out since everyone had positive posts....I was surprised how easy it was. Great accent mod for under $10

Last edited:
Back