Part number for cruise control buttons

Bruns

:
Mazda Axela 4WD GT (Lexie)
Hello everyone.
How do you do?

Would anybody be able to tell me the part number for the cruise control buttons? (cars with NO city-brake)

My car did not come with it, and I guess it should be a plug-and-play thing so I would like to try and add this feature.
(I know they are different but I did it on my 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer and it worked perfectly with no need to re-program anything)

Thank you very much

mazda cruise.jpg

Any word

Is there an update on this? I have the same issue. No stock cruise. Want to add it. I had a 04 Mazda3 that I did this with. Swapped the steering wheel, buttons, and brake switch and it worked like charm. I hope its the same for the 2014 model.

I've been looking at the CX5 forum as well but nobody has been talking about it.
I guess the car is too new so extra OEM parts are not out yet. ( I do hope it came with the harness pre installed)

Lets dig deeper into the internet. Maybe here in Japan it has already been done. - I found a guy who installed the paddle shifters but haven't found anything on the cruise buttons. (My japanese is not incredible)

FOUND IT!!
I asked in a forum in Japan and a guys has done to his CX-5. He installed the paddle shifters and the cruise control. However, the cruise does not seem to work.

anyway, check this out:
http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1149968&ukey_product=9905551

part number: KD35664M3

I believe that there are three pieces to this puzzle.

Steering wheel control buttons.
Steering wheel clock spring.
Brake switch sensor.

If that guy didnt replace all of those cruise wont engage. I mostly just guessing on my explanation when i say, The clock spring will have a different spring that will trip the CC off when the wheel is turned too much.( Like a turn signal). And the brake switch also terminates the cruise. The one they put in Non CC cars does not have the ability to send a signal to the cruise to terminate. Like i said, just my theory. Im a poor college student with a car payment so i dont have the money currently to test all this out. If you do are the guy from the forum happens to try let us know!

Im taking the car for its 1000k service soon so i'll the Dealer what they think.
They'll probably day it's imposible

I sent a message to a Dealer that is selling the cruise control and the answer for now is:

"Unfortunately this will not enable the cruise on your vehicle, I did some checking to see if Mazda offered an accessory cruise control package and currently they do not offer a kit sorry, if there's anything else we can help you with let us know! Thank you

Wade

- avondalemazdaparts"

I think you are right. We probably need a new brake switch (same applies to the remote starter.)
The steering does seem to have a position sensor. We can tell by the i-stop not working when the steering is at a certain angle.
Plus a new steering harness to connect the switches.

(The guy that said he installed and it didn't work, did that on a 2013 CX5) the 3 could have the switches pre installed.

I sent a message to a Dealer that is selling the cruise control and the answer for now is:

"Unfortunately this will not enable the cruise on your vehicle, I did some checking to see if Mazda offered an accessory cruise control package and currently they do not offer a kit sorry, if there's anything else we can help you with let us know! Thank you

Wade

- avondalemazdaparts"

I think you are right. We probably need a new brake switch (same applies to the remote starter.)
The steering does seem to have a position sensor. We can tell by the i-stop not working when the steering is at a certain angle.
Plus a new steering harness to connect the switches.

(The guy that said he installed and it didn't work, did that on a 2013 CX5) the 3 could have the switches pre installed.

UPDATE!

The guy who installed the buttons on his CX5 managed to get it working.
All you need to do is install the button, along with the new harness. Then the car needs to be taken to a dealer and with the OEM mazda scan they can enable the cruise control.

The brake switch does not have to be changed. So far, they have been using the same brake switch for all models (6, 3, cx5), the same switch used in the 2nd gen 3

We can have cruise control now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE!

The guy who installed the buttons on his CX5 managed to get it working.
All you need to do is install the button, along with the new harness. Then the car needs to be taken to a dealer and with the OEM mazda scan they can enable the cruise control.

The brake switch does not have to be changed. So far, they have been using the same brake switch for all models (6, 3, cx5), the same switch used in the 2nd gen 3

We can have cruise control now!

Can you let me know when you verify it on your 3? My dealer is still telling me that they are looking into being able to add cruise to my vehicle.

Will sure do.
Im waiting on my dealer too. Im willing to take the risk and buy the part, as long as they promise to at least try to set it up

Is your car a manual or auto? I just thought about it and that would probably make the difference for the brake switch. I have a manual. And so was my 04. Which I did have to change the brake switch on.

Mine is auto.
Not sure if they are different.

For at least the third time the deal has told me they cant add cruise. After sharing the information we've talked about, they told me they are not comfortable doing that type of procedure... Ill be driving about 2000 + miles in a months time... I really dont want to do that without cruise.

Tell me about it. I have to travel once a week. It is only about 150 ks, but it is every week so yeah.

Is there another dealer in your city?

I just contacted one 50 miles from here. Have to wait due to the holiday. Any luck with getting it installed in yours?

No... I need to call them back tomorrow to see if they'll try it

Back