P0090 - Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit ?

So it looks like my Check Engine light just came on again. I will replace the PRC solenoid valve tomorrow morning and see if that gets rid of the warning light. I already changed the oil filter, oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, spark plugs and wires, 1 ignition coil (not sure why only 1 when it has 2) , new battery, new tires and wheels.

Will update once PRC has been replaced and if warning light goes away.

I removed solenoid #3 as listed on previous post. But unnoticed the part had the small filter on the opposite side from the one insight from the store. Part bought was 911-707. When I looked at the solenoid I noticed a part number on the bottom as #K5T49090. So I went back to the store and this time I biught the EGR Solenoid which it actually had the same part number at the bottom #K5T49090 and it had the filter on the same side as the part I removed. So I decided to replace it whit this EGR solenoid.

Last edited:
The VICS/VTCS solenoids are 9091, the FPR is 9090 and the EGR solenoid is 9096. I don't believe they can be interchanged.

Then I removed the #1 and #2 solenoid that are on that same metal bracket. These had a part number at the bottom of #K5T49091 but the filter was on the same side as the first part I bought which was #911-707. So I decided to replace solenoid #2 whit this part. I put everything back in place and car started right up and engine light went away. Not sure if I have the right parts or if I should just take it to the repair shop and have them get them do the work???? Any help would be appreciated

I'm pretty sure if you got the parts installed and your codes are cleared then you're good to go.

So my engine light came back on that same day after I drove the car for about 20 miles. Also, I noticed that when switching to 4th or 5th gear my car would not accelerate when pressing hard on the gas pedal. So I went back home and this time I replaced Solenoid #1 with DORMAN part#911-707 which is the same part as the OFFICIAL MAZDA part# KL0118741. Then I put the old part back on Solenoid #2. This time I noticed my car picks up speed faster when pressing on the gas pedal when I'm switching gears, even on gear 4 and 5. Plus I already drove it about 70 miles and the CHECK ENGINE light has not turned on. Only problem is when putting car on 1st gear, I noticed it gets a bit shaky and when driving in a parking lot on gear 1 or 2 I noticed I have to keep pushing in the clutch to keep car from shaking or dying on me. So I think I might have to replace SOLENOID #2 also just to see if this makes the car drive better on the lower gears. My car doesn't lose RPM's or shake or feel like it's going to turn off when I have it parked with the emergency brake and in NEUTRAL. I had already replaced one of the ignition coils when it was doing that.

Back