Oil leak!!!!!

bozzben

:
Mazdaspeed 6
Hi guys,i just found out that my MS6 as an oil leak but since i'm a new owner i would like some help. The leak seems to be from a rubber that's located under the air filter box,can someone identify what's the problem... Thank's for you help!
Here's some pics:
HPIM3098.jpg

HPIM3097.jpg

holly sheep s*** that doesnt look too good did you identify to make sure its oil? If so make sure to tighten up the clamps but that right there my friend might be a bad turbo.

holly sheep s*** that doesnt look too good did you identify to make sure its oil? If so make sure to tighten up the clamps but that right there my friend might be a bad turbo.

Bad turbo? Isn't it transmission right there on the Opposite side of the turbo?

Find out what kind of oil that is - transmission oil and engine oil small/look/feel differently so once you know which one it is, you'll have a better idea.
Also, jack the car up and see how much of that stuff is under your tranny and maybe it'll give you a better idea of where it's coming from.
Keep an eye on the liquids.

You sure that's not just a puddle of water that is brownish due to the rust and dirt that gathers around there?

Get some brk kleen, spray it good so it gets nice and clean, and see if it comes back after some driving. Check your fluid levels too

Bad turbo? Isn't it transmission right there on the Opposite side of the turbo?

Find out what kind of oil that is - transmission oil and engine oil small/look/feel differently so once you know which one it is, you'll have a better idea.
Also, jack the car up and see how much of that stuff is under your tranny and maybe it'll give you a better idea of where it's coming from.
Keep an eye on the liquids.

The only reason why I am suggesting that it might be a bad turbo, I have seen diesels do this many times they will leak before the entrance, but, we cannot go far into conclusions until the problem is identified so ill call my bad on that. Other thing is I have yet to see tranny fluid that color, and why would it leak right there? All there is is a cluster of linkage where the liquid is sitting.

Ok..ok..guys.
It's the shifter pivot that goes in the trany,it's ether the pivot or the seal nothing too big too worry about.
I got my answer by a friend of mind who had the same problem a few weeks ago and it seem to be a problem on are cars,you guys should check it out!

So what are you saying? Is the trans heat enough to blow some fluid out the shifter seal?
Nope,the seal is probably leaking cuz it's 4 years old and cracked...
The car is at a steelership right now,i'll keep you guys posted on what they did.

Last edited:
Am I just getting old...?
Learn how to spell.
My head hurts from what you typed.
I've seen bad, but that's ******* bad.

Learn how to spell.

LMFAO!!!

Cody, it's not a bad turbo, our cars just begin to smoke like all hell from the turbo if it's that.

As far as this being a common problem, this is the first time that I had heard about it. If it is, then okay, thanks for the heads up. I will keep an open eye for it. Still think that it might have something to do with the way that you might be driving your car.

Learn how to spell.

Just go read a other tread...
Sorry if i did some misspelling,i've seen worst....a lot worst on this forum.
And by the way it's a car forum and second english is not my primary language,i'm doing my best!

Wow [Cody?]. Learn to take a joke man. I was just messing w/you.

Yeah, dude, take it easy. We are just messing with you a bit. Not like the other forums where they would litterally throw you under the bus for something like that.

Back