Discovered coolant leak (2018 Mazda6 2.5T)

I discovered a coolant leak on my 2018 Mazda 6 GT 2.5T. It seems to have originated at the plastic "canister" where the radiator cap is attached to. Luckily, there was still coolant left in the reservoir and there are no signs that the engine overheated. However, there are coolant stains all over the bottom of the engine below the side where radiator cap is (which strangely is located to the right of the valve cover rather than over the radiator). My question is if the type of leak that this appears to be has been found to be common for the 2.5 turbo. I know there is a TSB currently out on this engine regarding a coolant leak, but that TSB has to do with leaks associated with the cylinder head and exhaust manifold (cracks in the head near where the manifold is attached), and this leak doesn't appear to be related as the leak is very visible as to where it started or appears to have started. I will take it to the dealer, but just wanted to know if fellow owners (they are more trustworthy than the dealer) also believe (or know from their own experience) that it originated at this "canister" and if anyone knows if this is a common issue for this engine, or, as far-fetched as it may seem, if this is at all related to the leak covered by the TSB. Also, what is this "canister" (for lack of a better term) and what purpose does it serve? The leak appears to have here. See photos below (the last 3 images are shown with the
engine cover off:

Mazda coolant leak 1.JPG
mazda coolant leak 2.JPG
mazda coolant leak 3.JPG
mazda coolant leak 4.JPG
mazda coolant leak 5.JPG
mazda coolant leak 6.JPG

I have exactly the same thing on my 2018 Signature. Looks like it's been going on for a couple of days. The leak seems to be slow, as I had to add less than a quart of antifreeze. I'm approaching 45k miles. Did you ever find out what the cause was? I'd like to have an idea before I take it in.

I have a 2018 Mazda 6 Signature that has the exact same issue, my car has been at the dealership for two weeks as the part is on backorder with no ETA. Thank god for the loaner I have. Seems to be a fairly common issue, wonder if a recall is coming.

Back