oil in intercooler pipes

thecrash91

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
i have oil in my intercooler piping, and from what ive read its normal to have a little bit of blow by, but the thing im wondering is, theres nothing but the turbo that would have oil associated with it. i have perrin sri, and a little mini filter on the breather on the valve cover, so where could the oil be coming from? the turbo is brand new, bought it from speed circuit after my stocker blew, and it has roughly 2k miles on it. is it normal for new turbos to break in or something?
it wasnt enough oil to get halfway past the hot pipe, if that info helps anyone, it wasnt nearly as much as when my stock turbo blew, so it roughly spread from the turbo to about a foot of piping, and after that its bone dry.

anyone..? not meaning to be pushy, but i go back to school next friday, and if the turbo is in fact bad, i need to take care of it before then. otherwise im going to be paying for a semester i am not going...

Last edited:
pvc valve from the dealership, its cheap like under $10. and easy as hell to put in.

Or a Millennia S PCV valve, I have one made by Purolator. They are about $7 at any parts store. But even still if it were the PCV oil would be near the breather intake, not in the hotpipe after the turbo.

Or a Millennia S PCV valve, I have one made by Purolator. They are about $7 at any parts store. But even still if it were the PCV oil would be near the breather intake, not in the hotpipe after the turbo.

exactly.. what people arent reading is that theres nothing attached to the SRI, the breather has its own filter... so the system goes, SRI->turbo->oil in hotpipe.
i took another look last night, it may have been because i didnt drive it, but there was less, and there werernt any puddles of it or anything, it was more or less a very thing oily film that covered the inside of the first 10-12 inches of the hotpipe.
also there is no oil before the turbo, nor is there any on the compressor turbine. (from what i felt/saw after removing SRI.

Back