Oil filter won't fit

REFERENCE NO: RF-16-03 ALL SKYACTIV® MODELS - OIL FILTER APPLICATION

285F88A2-39BE-4DEA-9D9C-B844126FDB2E.jpeg

Yes, Tokyo Roki PE01-14-302B is factory installed oil filter on gen-2 CX-5 2.5L, but it’s never been available as the OEM oil filter in the US by MNAO.
Thank you for confirming 🙂. If anybody wants the Japan made filters for either the 2.5 NA or 2.5T engines, you can get them from partsouq.com. They are in Dubai but ship worldwide. I just ordered 20 filters for both my 2.5 and 2.5T and should be here Thursday. Total with 3 day air shipping was $200 so $10 a piece for oem Japan made filters. If you change every 5k then buy bulk and save

Last edited:
Thank you for confirming 🙂. If anybody wants the Japan made filters for either the 2.5 NA or 2.5T engines, you can get them from partsouq.com. They are in Dubai but ship worldwide. I just ordered 20 filters for both my 2.5 and 2.5T and should be here Thursday. Total with 3 day air shipping was $200 so $10 a piece for oem Japan made filters. If you change every 5k then buy bulk and save
Same here. I have ordered from them (on ebay) at least two times and it gets here in just 2 or 3 days. Unreal ! Worth the small extra cost per filter !

My 2021 Turbo CX5. Just went to the dealer and for $7.9x, I got the correct filter + gasket. Ed

My 2021 Turbo CX5. Just went to the dealer and for $7.9x, I got the correct filter + gasket. Ed
The difference is they got Japanese Tokyo Roki oil filters used by Mazda plant during engine assembly from partsouq.com on eBay, but we got Thai made Denso oil filters from US Mazda dealers.

Did you compare the orginal Tokyo Roki PY8W-14-302 with the ones from partsouq.com to see if they were actually genuine? I wonder how their return is if the wrong/damaged part was sent?

I am about to ordered about 15 filters PY8W-14-302 at $7.75 + $3.7 shipping each to Cali plus transmission oil, engine air filter and a Honda Civic engine mount. Please let me know. Thanks.

Did you compare the orginal Tokyo Roki PY8W-14-302 with the ones from partsouq.com to see if they were actually genuine? I wonder how their return is if the wrong/damaged part was sent?

I am about to ordered about 15 filters PY8W-14-302 at $7.75 + $3.7 shipping each to Cali plus transmission oil, engine air filter and a Honda Civic engine mount. Please let me know. Thanks.
Yes, genuine goods! Each filter has a plastic seal on top to protect it and is inside a Mazda box which is also sealed. No issues whatsoever and packaged well.

Why didn't you just buy Tokyo Roki PY8W-14-302 oil filters from partsouq.com and the rest from US sellers so you can save some shipping cost?

Tokyo Roki PY8W-14-302 filters are not available in US, but the rest are.
For myself, I believe the Denso made 1WPY-14-302 from Thailand should work just as good.

Why didn't you just buy Tokyo Roki PY8W-14-302 oil filters from partsouq.com and the rest from US sellers so you can save some shipping cost?

For myself, I believe the Denso made 1WPY-14-302 from Thailand should work just as good.
Because even with additional shipping cost, the price for most Mazda OEM parts from partsouq.com is still significant cheaper than those sold online in the US. The delivery time is about the same if not faster, within a week.

2021 CX-5 GTR Oil Filter Question

I am in the Bay Area in Cali and it is pricier than other places with a longer wait time with special order like the transmission pan. Also have to drive to the dealership but they are small in SF with no customer parking lol.

I have changed oil before in my 2016.5 CX-5.

I used Wix filters but today I've tried Wix 57002, STP per Autozone then a Mobil-One 1-108. None of these will fit. The threads are too small. Am I losing my mind?

Sorry if this is an old topic but it doesn't make sense...
All I know, is should you ever have an internal failure with the engine, the first thing the techs do is put the vehicle on a lift and inspect the underside. If they see a Mazda filter, your odds increase proportionately of having a successful service diagnosis. Not to say that one of the other filters would pose an issue. But do you want to take that chance? Read on:

Besides, you always have the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (MMWA) on your side.

Yes, Tokyo Roki PE01-14-302B is factory installed oil filter on gen-2 CX-5 2.5L, but it’s never been available as the OEM oil filter in the US by MNAO.
wrong... it was still available as late as 2015... it's been 1WPE since then in the US.... I imported a case of PE01 filters in 2016 from Japan... they're still sold there

Is the DENSO 1502002 a one size fits all filter?
Yes. It has an anti-drain back valve that is not present on the OEM filters. It’s funny you asked this as I’m considering buying some myself. I’ve been using Mobil1 M1-108 and Bosch Premium on my ‘13 CX-5 and my mother in laws ‘18 CX-5, but my Bosch stash is dwindling.

Yes. It has an anti-drain back valve that is not present on the OEM filters. It’s funny you asked this as I’m considering buying some myself. I’ve been using Mobil1 M1-108 and Bosch Premium on my ‘13 CX-5 and my mother in laws ‘18 CX-5, but my Bosch stash is dwindling.
Who’s your source for this filter.

Back