oil capacity

Thanks! (bowdown)
I just bought a 5qt bottle and seems I need another small bottle to get 6qt.
I will do 5.5 first to make sure it is not too much.

Sorry but njerald is right. This forum isn't for idiots who are too lazy to read their manual. That's always the first thing anyone should do when they buy ANY new car. I learned about the remote windows, etc by reading the manual while we waited for the paperwork and dealer prep to be done.
The answers are usually from the guys who DID read it, so READ YOUR DAMN MANUAL first. THEN if you still have a question, ask us. This is an exchange of info and ideas that are beyond the scope of the owner's manual. Sheesh

sorry but mixmasterlove is right to... it was a simple question , so he got a simple answer then a smartass comes along.. the comment was not good.. and was not called for in the manner he wrote it..

also do 5.5 , if you just dump 6 quarts in there it will be to much because of the oil that doesn't fully drain. which you could burn oil through the rear seal of the turbo if you over fill..

The point could have been made with a bit more tact, but it is still valid. mixmasterlove's response was worse in tone to njerald's, so both were wrong in that respect.

So what does the 08 manual call for with a new filter? The 07 calls for 5.5.

sorry but mixmasterlove is right to... it was a simple question , so he got a simple answer then a smartass comes along.. the comment was not good.. and was not called for in the manner he wrote it..

also do 5.5 , if you just dump 6 quarts in there it will be to much because of the oil that doesn't fully drain. which you could burn oil through the rear seal of the turbo if you over fill..

Burn through the rear seal of the turbo? What turbo? The CX-9 isn't turbo charged, only the CX-7 is.

Fact is, the 6 quart answer was a wrong one as has been pointed out here by CX-9 owners.

[engage lecture mode :) ]

While the method of reply left a lot to be desired, the point about cracking open the owner's manual and doing some reading about the rather large dollar purchase one has just made is on the mark. Owner's manuals aren't provided to just to fill space in a storage compartment.

Had the person asking simply consulted the manual they'd have had the correct answer for their vehicle (and, as we've seen here, the answer is different for the 3.5 and 3.7 engines). It isn't hard to find since the subject is listed in the index at the back of the manual under capacities.

[disengage lecture mode]

Ted

Another excellent option is to download the .pdf version of the OM, then use the Adobe search function to find what you need. Beats the hell out of thumbing through the hard copy pages.

if this is the first oil change, i am assuming that the vehicle is still under warranty ....

shouldn't your dealer do this for you ?

if this is the first oil change, i am assuming that the vehicle is still under warranty ....

shouldn't your dealer do this for you ?

Oil changes are not included in the warranty, unless you made some sort of special deal when purchasing, or bought a maintenance plan at time of purchase.

most dealers do the 1st change free of charge, every car i have seen purchased new this is done..

I just purchased a used 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring and it did not come with an Owners Manual. I want to change the oil to ensure I can track my vehicles maintenance schedule from now on.....but I guess i'm lazy because I didnt crack open the owners manual I DONT have yet. My bad! Please take the time to think that maybe some of us do not have access to an owners manual before assuming we all were given one at the time of purchase.

redwagon, the manual is free downloadable from mymazda.com
I have a 09 version if you want. I believe it's same as the 08.

redwagon, the manual is free downloadable from mymazda.com
I have a 09 version if you want. I believe it's same as the 08.
Not the same but 99.9% similar.
Register yourself as an owner (need a VIN), and you get to download many useful stuff.
I also maintain my service record on mymazda.com.
If you had a full-circle inspection, the results will be (most of the times) merged into your mymazda.com records.
Very neat. No paper involved.

I am getting a Turbo in my soon to be new 2011 GT? WOW, unexpected. Does Cobb make anything for it? Run up that Boost! Any idea what other fantasy add-on's I can throw on it to get 480 HP at the rears?

I know, there is no Turbo. If there was one as an option, I would have got it for sure!

Back