Official Perrin Thread

PERRIN_JOHN said:
Here are some exhaust photos for you guys.

E02.jpg

E03.jpg

E04.jpg

E01.jpg

Is it OK to remove the heat shield above the midpipe that covers the brake lines? I've been having problems with this with my Apex DP, and I noticed yours was removed with the exhaust installed. Is it OK to do so?

I will also have some this week. Where are you guys putting the microphone for best sound quality on the sound clips?

Theres a pis of the SRI somewhere around here. I would also assume that the exhaust will be loud, since it doesn't have a resonator, nor does it have a cat.

mazdaspdprotege said:
loud is good
Except for people that don't want to attract any more attention to themselves from the cops.:cool: Not raggin on the product here, just sayin.

Bhamsan said:
Is it OK to remove the heat shield above the midpipe that covers the brake lines? I've been having problems with this with my Apex DP, and I noticed yours was removed with the exhaust installed. Is it OK to do so?
I removed that heat shield when I installed my ion exhaust, whice was around 13,000 miles ago. I havent experienced any issues from it not being there.

peepsalot said:
Except for people that don't want to attract any more attention to themselves from the cops.:cool: Not raggin on the product here, just sayin.
Agreed. If I go Perrin, I'll put a cat on there. I hope it quiets it down enough. That also makes it one expensive ass exhaust...

~brian

A resonator is going to quiet the exhaust down, not a cat. A cat will quiet it down very little, and is on there for emission and smog reasons.

my friend stood about 4 ft behind my car with his camera. just make lots of soundclips and choose the best ones :p the exhaust thread is in need of some updates

Striker187 said:
my friend stood about 4 ft behind my car with his camera. just make lots of soundclips and choose the best ones :p the exhaust thread is in need of some updates
Cool. If I get the exhaust this week I will put it on this weekend and have the clips then:)

good deal. i've got 4 MB space left on the current we-todd account and i can create one more with 9 MB of space. hope your clips aren't too big :)

Bhamsan said:
A resonator is going to quiet the exhaust down, not a cat. A cat will quiet it down very little, and is on there for emission and smog reasons.
A cat will quiet it down more than no cat will. On our rally car at the shop I worked at over the summer, we were required to run cats but not mufflers. We ran the cat as the muffler, weeee.

~brian

We had a sound clip here of the exhaust but it didn't sound anything like the real thing. We have a new DV camcorder on its way here now which should get a better sound quality. I will get that on here ASAP. Pics of the SRI installed are on the website.

same here.....

curious positioning too.....I thought it would be closer to the headlight up there (away from the engine a little)

ok, here's the deal now. i'm officially requesting that you (Perrin Performance) produce a lightened crank pulley for the FS-DE(T) engine. i have a 1500w sound system to power, i'm not about to underdrive my already weak alternator.

AFaceInTheCrowd said:
ok, here's the deal now. i'm officially requesting that you (Perrin Performance) produce a lightened crank pulley for the FS-DE(T) engine. i have a 1500w sound system to power, i'm not about to underdrive my already weak alternator.
here here! (I don't have 1500w, but I still worry about 800w RMS)

Back