OEM Wheel Locks

Can anyone tell me what are the OEM wheel locks for 2021 Mazda CX-9 GT? And where can I buy them?

Thank you.

Can anyone tell me what are the OEM wheel locks for 2021 Mazda CX-9 GT? And where can I buy them?

Thank you.
Don't understand question #1. Question #2, dealer. You might also find dealers selling on e-Bay and Amazon.

Don't understand question #1. Question #2, dealer. You might also find dealers selling on e-Bay and Amazon.
To clarify…I am looking for OEM (not aftermarket) wheel locks. Wanted to know if anyone knows their item or serial number or something…most of the stuff online is aftermarket. Also do all wheels across Mazda line up have the same lug nuts?

To clarify…I am looking for OEM (not aftermarket) wheel locks. Wanted to know if anyone knows their item or serial number or something…most of the stuff online is aftermarket.
Yes, OEM = dealer. I see a few on e-Bay.

These are the canadians wheel lock. Most likely the same as in the US.

wheel nut size went from 21mm to 17mm and apparently now back to 21mm on the CX-9. You have to figure out which one your car uses.

Mcgard makes the wheel locks for Mazda. So you can look for those as well.

Personally, I pulled mine off of both of my cars and sold them on eBay. I got $40 a set for them.

Yeah, for a smash and grab, catalytic converters get gone, aftermarket radios, and anything you have in the glove box. Or they steal the whole car if you're dumb enough to leave the keys in it. But stealing a set of factory wheels? That's pretty far down the list of items that thieves want.

They want something they can turn a quick buck on. Factory wheels ain't that.

I would say that depends of were you live. OEM wheels are fairly easy to sell and worth more than aftermarket radios nowadays. (Don’t see much of those nowadays).

where i live, i wouldn’t say it is common to have wheels stolen, or evev that i would consider wheel lock required, but wheel theft happens once in a while.

wheel lock are a cheap and effective solution for peace of mind. I remove my wheels once every six years to swap to my winter wheels and i don’t find wheel lock that annoying.

Yeah, for a smash and grab, catalytic converters get gone, aftermarket radios, and anything you have in the glove box. Or they steal the whole car if you're dumb enough to leave the keys in it. But stealing a set of factory wheels? That's pretty far down the list of items that thieves want.

They want something they can turn a quick buck on. Factory wheels ain't that.
But factory wheels with $700.00 worth of rubber on them are worth stealing...

I removed mine after I watched a youtube with this guy that removed them with a 17mm socket ( and some brute force).

I removed mine after I watched a youtube with this guy that removed them with a 17mm socket ( and some brute force).
Yes…but this requires an extra effort - not everyone would want to do it and may move on to the one without the locks.

Just to add my .02, I too remove them the day after I take possession of a car.
Useless and irritating things to be sure. Especially when I swap winter/summer tires every year in the fall and spring, in my driveway.
Never ever had wheels stolen in 50+ years of car ownership. Never had a car stolen either.
I have had windows broken when someone wanted to get at something inside, but that's the extent of my bad experiences. Apparently I've been lucky.(y)

wheel lock are a cheap and effective solution for peace of mind. I remove my wheels once every six years to swap to my winter wheels and i don’t find wheel lock that annoying.

Wheel locks will certainly make it more difficult for the thief. I removed mine partly because I was a little afraid I wouldn't be able to find the key if I needed to change a flat.

If I only changed a tire every six years I guess that's not much trouble.

In six months I'm liable to forget where I put the key. And they only give you one! It would be my bad luck to lose it.

My key stays in the glove box. I have never lost one. They also give you a code that you safekeep to order a new key.

But yeah if you can’t trust yourself with the key, then don’t install the locks.

Back