OEM Mazda TouchUp Pen / Paint way to go?

I would sand and do all three steps of painting and then feather it in to the OEM paint. I used a touch up pen on a previous vehicle and it looked like someone took a colored sharpie and colored in the scratches. It also came off after a few washes.

I've had to use the OEM touch up pen on my CX-9. The paint is durable and won't come off easily, but the colour matching is just terrible. It looks like I used a touch up paint pen for the sonic silver colour on my machine grey metallic paint.

Personally I'm going to try having one of the local automotive paint supply shops mix up a batch to try, next time I need touch up paint. Besides that, I would try something from Dr. Colorchip if you needed a quick and easy fix.

I've had to use the OEM touch up pen on my CX-9. The paint is durable and won't come off easily, but the colour matching is just terrible. It looks like I used a touch up paint pen for the sonic silver colour on my machine grey metallic paint.

Personally I'm going to try having one of the local automotive paint supply shops mix up a batch to try, next time I need touch up paint. Besides that, I would try something from Dr. Colorchip if you needed a quick and easy fix.
I just ordered Dr.ColorChip ill let you know how the color matching goes... Seems like the OEM pen is not color matching correctly which is a shame because its OEM LOL

I can second that except I have the pearl white. Color is way off.

I can second that except I have the pearl white. Color is way off.
I have to agree with you, I've got pearl white on my 2019 GT and it is one of the worst OEM touch up paint pens I've ever used. Fortunately I don't have a lot of chips to deal with and they're very tiny so not very obvious. The quality and thickness of the paint applied to vehicles had declined steadily over the past 10 years or more.

Back