Not sure about my rims.

Guardian22

:
Mazda,Speed 6
I bought these Akita AK-55 wheels and had them put on yesterday. They're 18 by 7.5. I'm really on the fence about them and I'm having horrible buyer's remorse. If you could, let me know what you guys think. I'm trying to decide if I should put my factory wheels, or my Akita wheels on eBay.

Comments will be much appreciated

The only other mods I have right now are a Sure Motorsports SRI, Magnaflow CBE, and Auto Vent Shade rain guards/wind deflectors (whatever you want to call them) from Summit. I have the Torque R6 on the way, and the Sureflow m6 on the way.They'll be here and put on tomorrow.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

They don't look bad but some lowering springs to fill in the wheel gap could help out alot

Thank you. I thought about lowering my car and really wanted to but I'm pretty tall and didn't think that lowering was the best idea because of that.

dropping it an inch to an inch and a half won't really have an affect on getting in or out because you are tall.

If you ditch the "Grandpa Racing" Window deflector things, the car would need only a drop and be sound as a pound.

They kind of grow on you. Plus I travel down to Kansas to see my girlfriend once in a while and they help keep the wind out of my face if I want the windows down.

Last edited:
Wheels look decent....but why 4x4?!?!? lol.
close that wheel gap up and it'll look better....or how many more people will it take telling you the same thing before you do it?
LOL

Haha. I might lower it eventually. I know it will look a lot better, but I'm trying to get mods in moderation so I don't blow all of my money on my car.

She's stationed at Riley. Kind of funny cause I was in the marines. That gi bill sounded great. Now she's in the army for the same reason. I didn't want to be close to a military life at all but I can't complain about the double housing allowance and living expenses. I'm guessing you were or are in?

Last edited:
Right on. What they don't tell you is you have to meet certain criteria to get the full benefits anyway. Even after a deployment and 2 years in, I still only had 80% of my education benefits. I'm currently in the Montana Guard (Mech Infantry) I was in the Missouri Guard up until a few months ago.

I was in for four years and deployed once. As far as I know I'm entitled to 100% of the benefits. I hope I wasn't lied to. Do you plan on staying in a while, or are you almost done?

I was in for four years and deployed once. As far as I know I'm entitled to 100% of the benefits. I hope I wasn't lied to. Do you plan on staying in a while, or are you almost done?
Right on, Iraq? I have 2 years left on my first contract, as of right now I'm planning on staying in. I thought about active duty, but since the Army is downsizing the only option for prior service is SF. So I'll probably just stay guard for now.

I actually like the window guards, make the car more unique. And nice MS6 the wheels look good you just need a drop and you'll be good

Right on, Iraq? I have 2 years left on my first contract, as of right now I'm planning on staying in. I thought about active duty, but since the Army is downsizing the only option for prior service is SF. So I'll probably just stay guard for now.

If I were you I would, and I guess did get out. If you don't mind going to school and job hunting there are plenty of options for you. I'm going into IT with an expected income of 70,000. You have a few options so make sure you consider all of them.

I actually like the window guards, make the car more unique. And nice MS6 the wheels look good you just need a drop and you'll be good

Thanks kleen. I think the same thing about the guards. I've only seen one other ms6 with them on. I like that they add a bit more black too. I agree on the drop, but it might be a while. I shined the tires up so they match the rims and the gap doesn't look as bad.

i think i commented on your car elsewhere, but i wanted to say you should get the OEM mazda window visors! i have them on my vrm speed6 and they fit PERFECTLY and don't bluge out as far as the non-oem ones. i think BRIAN_MP5T doesn't like them for that reason, or he just hates visors (boom01) lol.

you can get them at jdmgoodie.com for about $150 shipped and with tax. some people say that's a lot, but they come with the 3mm tape and in-channel visor clips. no shaking, rattling, or buldge. hope that helps!

Back