Guardian22's MazdaSpeed6

Guardian22

:
Mazda,Speed 6
I bought these Akita AK-55 wheels and had them put on yesterday. They're 18 by 7.5. I'm really on the fence about them and I'm having horrible buyer's remorse. If you could, let me know what you guys think. I'm trying to decide if I should put my factory wheels, or my Akita wheels on eBay.

Comments will be much appreciated

The only other mods I have right now are a Sure Motorsports SRI, Magnaflow CBE, and Auto Vent Shade rain guards/wind deflectors (whatever you want to call them) from Summit. I have the Torque R6 on the way, and the Sureflow m6 on the way.They'll be here and put on tomorrow.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
It does look better. I want to take my time with mods. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on my car at once.

18x9 +35 rpf1's with 235/40 neuton nt5000 tires. best 400 bucks i have ever spent on tires.

these need a roll in the rear. i'm gonna go with another degree or two of camber next time i can hit the alignment shop and that might help out a **** hair with rubbing. if i had a 225 tire it would be no issue but stretch like this even was pushing it.

But back to the op, have you though about painting the center caps? i think that would totally change then look for the better.

Ninja Edit: Springs will only set you back about 250 bucks and cost you between 4 and 8 hours of your time to get done.
I managed to destroy a corroded to **** end link, phone around for a new one, drive 30 mins each way to get it, and it still took me only 5 hours.

Last edited:
I don't think the wheels look bad on the car. Just really needs to be lowered to make them look right. That's the problem with getting wheels and not lowering the car at the same time. They tend to just look a little off until you do it. Not saying you need to slam it but a nice 1.5in lower would look good.

I don't think the wheels look bad on the car. Just really needs to be lowered to make them look right. That's the problem with getting wheels and not lowering the car at the same time. They tend to just look a little off until you do it. Not saying you need to slam it but a nice 1.5in lower would look good.

I do agree, but I'm a little afraid that it's going to scrape. The roads in northern Iowa can be pretty rough.

I do agree, but I'm a little afraid that it's going to scrape. The roads in northern Iowa can be pretty rough.

Honestly no offense AT ALL but your car shouldn't scrape with only a 7.5 wide rim. I believe that no matter what your 'stance' is you should get your fenders rolled. Here are some things to consider:

-You might have buyer's remorse because EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM DOES BLACK RIMS ON A RED CAR. Maybe try getting them refinished in a different color? I'm sorry but the whole black wheels on a red car thing is wayyyy played out.

-If you don't want to spend too much money at once, I would save up for coilovers. Springs are kind of a b**** to put on and they seldom put your car exactly where you want it to be, I found this out the hard way lol (boom06)

-I'm thinking if you were going to spend the money on rims, try something wider than the factory 7.5". Chances are you'll like the way they fill out the fenders a lot more than stock!

Hope that helped! Again, I'm not trying to offend you but you asked for opinions ;) and me being a fellow VRM Speed 6 means that I have to give you honest opinions since you're repping our team now...we all hate those bastards who were lucky enough to get WWP Speed 6s (fuoops) lol.

Back