Not fare

Jimyau

Hey,

Hey, it is not fare that only canada get the smoked headlight!!
Do you guys think Amarica's Auto market is kind of dull?? We always get different stuffs rather that the original. For instance, we get the weeker power Subie Impreza WRX, and later the weeker lancer EVO!! Also the asian and european always enjoy more versions than we did. Where is the Nissan Skyline? Where is the handsome looking Alfa Romeo? where is the unique design Fiat and peugeot?? When the Acura rsx type R gonna arrive? Why the car here are so cheap but the parts are so expensive?? Asian people enjoy modifying their car with a fare price while we have to spent all our money in bank(which can afford to buy another car) to enjoy like them. Just wondering!!
*** Sorry for so many complaints.:p :confused: :confused:

That depends on your point of view, I don't like the blacked out headlights so if I were in Canada, I would think it wasn't fair that the US gets to keep the chrome lights. Canada also gets the fake carbon fiber plastic around the door switches instead of the titanium look, it looks really bad.

I think those products are tweaked according to the market. For example, us customers get yellow mp3, canadian customers don't, us p5 has package for side impact airbag, canadian customers don't, and the funny thing is while us p5s come with roof racks and most owners remove them the minute they got their p5s, a lot of canadian owners are putting them on the minute they receive their p5s... ;)

Last edited:
eMKay

"...fake carbon fiber plastic around the door switches instead of the titanium look..."

really? we get fake titanium here too, only the sides of center console have fake cf...

Re: eMKay

LambOfSilence said:
"...fake carbon fiber plastic around the door switches instead of the titanium look..."

really? we get fake titanium here too, only the sides of center console have fake cf...

The 2003's I saw at St Catharines (Ontario) Mazda had fake CF on the door switches as well. the 2002's had the Titanium, either it's just a 2003 thing, or it's a dealer add on.

my car has a the carbon-fiber look side switches...personally i think it looks a lot nicer than the off-silver look of the '02s...but to each his own....

LambOfSilence said:
I think those products are tweaked according to the market. For example, us customers get yellow mp3, canadian customers don't, us p5 has package for side impact airbag, canadian customers don't, and the funny thing is while us p5s come with roof racks and most owners remove them the minute they got their p5s, a lot of canadian owners are putting them on the minute they receive their p5s... ;)

ya but we get a different roof rack

Jimyau said:
Where is the Nissan Skyline?
http://www.infiniti.com/discover/ModelHomepage/0,9279,22756,00.html
or, if you want a genuine Skyline...
http://www.motorex.net/

Where is the handsome looking Alfa Romeo? where is the unique design Fiat and peugeot??
Import 'em.

When the Acura rsx type R gonna arrive?
Honda sucks. :p ;)

Why the car here are so cheap but the parts are so expensive??
Two words: GM and Ford. The cars are cheaply made and cheaply acquired, but do not last nearly as long as an import would. When you go in for repairs, part prices are outrageous. This is how the car companies make a lot of their money. What's sad is that it seems the import market in America is going down the same route...
There's not much we can do about it :(

::edit:: wrong link :confused:

Last edited:
I think the issue with why we get so few models over here in the states is because of the emssions regulations provided by the good ol EPA. Most of the cars issues aren't with the horsepower ratings or speed ratings unless you're discussing something along the lines of a Porsche 956. The thing that bothers me about the whole deal is if the EPA actually made regulations that had some impact on the enviroment then it'd be ok, but it seems that the majority of the regulations they make only benifit the members of their organization and not the general public or the enviroment. The whole hp and speed issue is just "nanny" government kicking in and the fact that most americans can't drive properly at all, and I seriously doubt that most folks could handle a properly set up high HP car....I'll probably get blasted for that statement, but if you just look at how most people drive on the highways just imagine them driving a 425HP Bush car. If we could teach people how to drive and not just hold the wheel then maybe I wouldn't have such a problem with the "nanny" kickin in on that issue.

Another thing is American tends to spend less on cars compare to ppl in Asia and Europe. The majority of ppl out there are looking for a basic transportation and they can get by with the most stripped down model as long as it's cheap. That's why we don't get all the goodies offered in oversea models. Here you can buy a Corolla or Civic w/o power windows and lock...whereas in Asia I think even the bottom-of-the-line model comes with those standard.

And of course, the EPA and stupid crash standards we have doesn't help either. The EVO loose all the power because they have to relocate the intercooler from the front to the top of the engine.

not ment to be an offense to all the american's on this board... but its also kinda because the market here is the US is less able to adapt to such quick and new changes..... I mean I dunno why all these Jap import cars have so little colour choice here.... if u look at the asian markets u get more exotic colours even for cheap cars.... like the toyota echo is a hatchback, not a fugly sedan and it had colours like pink and sand mica.... the P5 has light blue....
the people selling cars here think that the people here can't accept cars with cool colours because they think it wouldn't sell, therefore they only stick to putting out colours that will sell, like a while ago the lazer blue colour of MP3 wasn't really that popular but now its so popular they want to put it on every car.... even the altima 3.5 se has that colour.... s*** imagine driving a family car around that colour.... ????!?!?! what are these people thinking???

All about bussiness instead of style!! $$$$

Few months ago when i visited the toyota dealer of Garden grove for the new Matrix. They want $3000 extra for the car for just because you can drive the car on the road first( a month later, there were thousands on the road) . I wonder if the Toyota knows about it or they just close their eyes and lets the dealer to do whatever they want to suck up the consumer's money.:eek:

Up here in Canada there's no BS like that. MSRP is as high as they can go. Of course...if the car is rare enough the dealer can register the car under their name and sell it as a "new" second hand. Then they can play around with the price.

Just saw the 2003 P5's at my dealer while in for a maintenance check and noticed they also have a slightly different stearing wheel from the 2002's. There is more of a "stiched" look on the inside of the wheel which I think looks pretty sharp. It's very subtle.

Just wondering if the US models are the same?

one of the BIG reasons that a lot of imports don't hit american shores is because of the business aspect...the US doesn't really have the market to justify importing skylines and such...that's what a lot of the companies believe...now that the wrx has exploded over here more and more of the japanese companies are thinking about importing more cars (i.e. evolution)

another reason is safety issues...all cars that come here have to pass emissions, impact tests, and other safety regulations...many of the cars to put it lightly won't pass...if you look at motorex people have to put in like an extra $20k to make the car street legal (that's one case)

i was actually amazed that more japanese companies didn't import performance cars before considering that the US has most of the money...

There is more of a "stiched" look on the inside of the wheel

That's because we finally get the leather steering wheel for 2003. We only had the plastic steering wheel prior to that.

i was actually amazed that more japanese companies didn't import performance cars before considering that the US has most of the money...

It's not about who has money. We see a car as a mean of daily transportation and a family sedan serves that purpose. In Europe and Asia they have much better public transporation system so people only use their cars on the weekends...practicality is not their first priority so they'll consider buying a high performance car. If you have a chance to go to Japan you'll rarely see a Camry or Accord on the road...whereas in NA they're one the most popular cars out there.

Back