Not as smooth as I thought

How many miles did you get out of your Toyos before replacing?
Mine has 16k miles and the tires have a lot of wear. The dealer mentioned excessive wear on my 15k oil change and I started a complaint with Toyo. They recommended my tires be rotated every 2500 miles which seems excessive to me but the dealer agreed to do it at no cost to me. Toyo said they will monitor the situation and may provide warranty assistance. The thing is, our tires have no mileage warranty and the treadwear is quite low (300) so 30k is about right for their longevity. Very poor tire choice IMHO.

They did check. said wheels were out of balance. also said road force will not be needed. Im guessing my only option is to try different tires. I think the cx5 is more for handling than comfy freeway driving.

Don't buy into that, cars nowadays can be both comfortable and handle decently well. My CX-5 is smooth and vibration free at any speed, but the wheels were roadforce balanced, and I'm not using the cheap OEM tires. Go to a shop that'll work with you in finding a solution, have them do a proper alignment, do a proper wheel balance, and then enjoy the car.

Don't buy into that, cars nowadays can be both comfortable and handle decently well. My CX-5 is smooth and vibration free at any speed, but the wheels were roadforce balanced, and I'm not using the cheap OEM tires. Go to a shop that'll work with you in finding a solution, have them do a proper alignment, do a proper wheel balance, and then enjoy the car.
Thx. I do have a different shop I respect. I will try them.. I just did Discount Tire store because they were close. Discount
Tire talked like a balance and road force alignment is a easy job. Maybe a more skilled place might be better.

Thx. I do have a different shop I respect. I will try them.. I just did Discount Tire store because they were close. Discount
Tire talked like a balance and road force alignment is a easy job. Maybe a more skilled place might be better.
IMO if tires need road-force balance I’d either ask for warranty replacement, or get a new set of different and better tires as soon as possible. At least my Discount Tire Store is very precessional and has the best Hunter balance machines you can find.

Balancing tires mainly is for vibration which happens only on the highway speed. If you’re talking about ride comfort, that’s a different story.

Balance issues could be all related to the cheap chinese 19" alloy wheels + the funky Toyo tires.
If you look on the 19", they have unusually high amounts of stick weights on at least one wheel. Mine has 22x 5g weight sticks on one :) Almost all other CX5 on the lot were same when I looked.
We see most of these complaints on the 19".
Ride quality probably from the Toyos I think. The rest is the stiffer suspension.
I do support the idea for road force balance on the 19. And possibly better tires

Thx. Discount Tire said per their inspection no road force was needed. Just a traditional wheel balance. Will look a little further into this option.

They did check. said wheels were out of balance. also said road force will not be needed. Im guessing my only option is to try different tires. I think the cx5 is more for handling than comfy freeway driving.

Did they provide any data to confirm road force balancing wasn’t needed?

If you look on the 19", they have unusually high amounts of stick weights on at least one wheel. Mine has 22x 5g weight sticks on one :) Almost all other CX5 on the lot were same when I looked.
Yes, I noticed that too. One of mind comes with about 12 pieces of sticky weights. But I believe the problem is from the Toyo tires which seems to have inconsistent quality based on many tire-out-of-round reports here. My A23’s are fine with no vibrations even with 3/32” tread depth left and the balance done still from factory.

Back